Who is 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch provides professional and managed services for enterprise workloads in the public cloud. We have been recognized by Amazon Web Services as a Premier Partner for the better half of a decade and an audited and approved Managed Service Provider for our outstanding customer experiences, depth and breadth of our products and services, and our ability to scale to meet customer demand. We also hold the Microsoft Workload Competency and are a Gold Azure Microsoft Partner. With over 200,000 instances under management monthly, operating in 14 worldwide regions and supporting customers in 196 countries, 2nd Watch is the largest cloud-native service provider. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 888-317-7920.
Why 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking to build out our existing teams this year. From Managed Cloud Services to Cloud Enablement, Operations, Application Development, DevOps, Automation, Product Development, and everything in between…we are looking for superstars. Our teams are setting industry-level standards around AWS product management and delivery, and we are looking for like-minded, focused candidates to join us.
Where you fit:
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams. Getting our attention takes creativity, ingenuity, a desire to improve each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting the right stuff done.
We are looking for a the most technically forward-thinking, cloud-passionate employees in the world and work daily to align our core values with those that we hire - Fearlessness, Tenacity, Humility, Customer Focus, Empowering One Another, Working Together, Winning as a Team, Honesty, Transparency, Having FUN - these are all key elements to who we hire.
Enterprise Transformation Specialist
* The ideal candidate is someone who:
* Operates with the highest levels of integrity
* Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
* Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
* Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
* Has a passion for technology
Expertise you bring:
* 7+ years' experience working in Enterprise IT, Online Services, as a consultant with some exposure to Solution Architecture/ Sales
* Strong understanding of IT systems, cloud computing and their sales drivers
* Excellent communication skills, you will be working with Sales professionals and Fortune 2000 clients
* A high level of initiative and adaptability
* Strong desire to learn and develop subject matter expertise with all technologies 2nd Watch supports
* Understanding of application, server, and network security
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must
Education, skills and experience you possess:
* In cooperation with sales, produce creative solutions and strategies for enterprise grade clients
* Collaborate with internal resources; including Professional Services, Managed Services, & Product Development teams to develop best-in-breed solutions
* Identify and negotiate third-party solutions in support of intra- and inter-regional sales activity
* Provide cross function and cross region support to sales for the best cloud computing solution
* Work closely with other regional presales team, delivery organizations, and selected partners to ensure solution proposed is fully carried through into delivery and deployment effectively
* Work effectively across internal and external organizations
* Responsible for scoping professional Services & Managed Services engagements and writing statements of work for new and existing customers
* Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
* Evangelize security within 2nd Watch and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure
* Strong technical skills around AWS, Azure, Co-location or related
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Technical degree preferred; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
* You will have access to several customer production sites and applications. Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is a requirement and non-negotiable
* Familiarity of a disaster recovery process and reporting security breaches is desired
* Familiarity with and experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI
* Up to 25% travel required
* Strong communications skills, written and oral
* Ability to tailor presentations for director and C level audiences
* Strategic thinking
* Ability to assert themselves
* Digital Transformation experience
* DevOps experience and agile methodologies
* Sales minded
* Extensive cloud experience
* Enterprise IT background
* Able to be onsite 3 days a week in Chicago with a large Enterprise Customer . very important
* Consulting background
About 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is a cloud IT operations company enabling users to leverage Amazon Web Service (AWS) IaaS to reduce IT costs and grow revenue.