Who is 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is an AWS Premier Partner and a Microsoft Azure Gold partner providing managed cloud services to enterprises and a recognized leader among Managed Cloud Providers (MSPs). The company's subject matter experts, software-enabled services and cutting-edge solutions provide companies with tested, proven, and trusted solutions, allowing them to fully leverage the power of the public cloud seamlessly and within their own organizational constraints. 2nd Watch solutions are high performing, robust, increase operational excellence, decrease time to market, accelerate growth and lower risk. Its patent-pending, proprietary tools automate everyday workload management processes for big data analytics, digital marketing, line-of-business and cloud native workloads. 2nd Watch is a new breed of partner which tailors solutions for enterprises, including design, deploy and managed cloud solutions. 2nd Watch has more than 400 enterprise workloads under its management and more than 200,000 instances in its managed public cloud. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 888-317-7920.
Why 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking to build out our existing teams this year. From Managed Cloud Services to Cloud Enablement, Operations, Application Development, DevOps, Automation, Product Development, and everything in between…we are looking for superstars. Our teams are setting industry-level standards around AWS product management and delivery, and we are looking for like-minded, focused candidates to join us. We're building our team with talented and passionate Cloud Consultants who will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a broad use of Amazon's utility computing web resources.
Where you fit:
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams. Getting our attention takes creativity, ingenuity, a desire to improve each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting the right stuff done.
We are looking for a the most technically forward-thinking, cloud-passionate employees in the world and work daily to align our core values with those that we hire - Fearlessness, Tenacity, Humility, Customer Focus, Empowering One Another, Working Together, Winning as a Team, Honesty, Transparency, Having FUN - these are all key elements to who we hire.
Azure Cloud Architect
The ideal candidate is someone who:
* Operates with the highest levels of integrity
* Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
* Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
* Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
* Has a passion for technology
Expertise you bring:
* · Create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
* · Provide recommendations with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for Azure adoption.
* · Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer's requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance and leverage existing investments in Azure/MS platforms.
* · Collaborate with other project teams on technical solutions and help improve 2nd Watch's service.
* · Ability to learn and work with new and emerging technologies
* · Up to 60% travel and work onsite at 2nd Watch and client offices
Education, skills and experience you possess:
* · Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
* · Experience in architecting complex Enterprise grade solutions in on-premise and cloud environments.
* · Experience with cloud products: Azure and Amazon AWS
* · Experience in Azure classic portal & Azure resource manager in cloud deployments.
* · Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of the following: Azure PaaS technologies, Azure apps technologies such as AzureSQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD etc., Azure IaaS Technologies such as VMs, Virtual networks, Express Routes, Standard/Premium storage etc.
* · Firm grasp on cloud security, leveraging Windows operating systems, Active Directory, AD integration
* · Well versed in designing and building Azure solutions that include high availability, multi-region and multi-set architectures using virtual networks, availability sets and affinity groups.
* · Familiar with infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform and Azure Resource Manager.
* · Familiarity with Go, SDLC, Docker, and Kubernetes is a benefit as well
* · Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
Benefits and Perks of working at 2nd Watch :
Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
* Competitive salaries and all employees are bonus eligible
* 401(k) with company stock plans to all employees
* 100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees and 90% paid for family, along with other wellness and disability plans
* No limit / regulation on Paid Time Off - We let you manage yourself.
* Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, focus on Philanthropy and giving back to the communities we support
About 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is a cloud IT operations company enabling users to leverage Amazon Web Service (AWS) IaaS to reduce IT costs and grow revenue.