What you'll be doing...
TAA ( Telemetry Analytics and Automation)Planning group under Verizon Network Technology and Planning organization is looking for self-motivated and innovative engineer in support of Verizon TAA architecture and technology development.As a senior-level member of technical staff, you will be interacting with software engineers, network/system operations staff, network/system architects and vendor partners to drive TAA technology evolution strategies and solutions to create service analytics solutions in the fast moving and quickly evolving networking industry. Proactive technology research, industry trend analysis, and developing next-generation analytics solutions to provide insight into the services provided by modern networking technology. The end goal is providing production deployable solutions supporting quality of experience classification as a key function of the team.
* New technology validation and prototyping.
* Big Data ecosystem development and technical vendor evaluation and management.
* AI/ML platform architecture use case creation and development.
* Open data modeling (YANG) verification and development.
* Common information and data model development for Verizon network infrastructure.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in L2/L3 switching and routing protocols and technologies (e.g., spine/leaf architectures, etc.).
* Experience with virtualization platforms and architectures(e.g. Openstack and Kubernetes).
Even better if you have:
* Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with modern data communication technology discipline.
* Experience in the following technologies and protocols: gNMI, gRPC, YANG (MEF, OpenConfig and IETF models), JSON, XML, Kafka, Pulsar, Hadoop, Spark and Storm.
* Understanding wireline and wireless network performance management and service assurance.
* Familiarity with compute platform architectures and technologies.
* Industry technology leadership skill.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.