Mufg In The Americas
The MUFG Union Bank Digital Banking organization is focused on creating a direct line of sight from the needs of the bank's customers to the rapid execution and delivery of technology and software that provides solutions to those needs. Our focus is to provide a superior customer experience, ensuring a bank that is "easy to do business with" across multiple channels of customer engagement.
Delivering Excellence in Strategic Technical Guidance and Digital Innovation:
The Digital Innovation and Technology Enablement Lead is a critical and strategic member of the Digital Banking Technical Team. This experienced leader has an intuitive feel for how technology solutions can improve customer experience, possesses a solid grasp of digital banking and digital trends and has a keen understanding of how to implement 3rd party and innovative technology solutions within a complex and dynamically changing technical environment. They can reach across technology domains - from infrastructure to security, architecture to development - to drive a common understanding and they possess the ability to simplify the complex in order to accelerate the work of technical development teams.
The Digital Innovation and Technology Enablement Lead is required to have extensive Banking/Financial Systems technology expertise and a deep technical understanding of Banking Platforms and Systems. The role is also expected to understand agile software development execution, processes and methodologies. The position will report to the Managing Director for Digital Banking Transformation for MUFG Union Bank.
This role works as an independent, hands-on contributor to the Digital Banking team. The ideal candidate will consult with senior-level business and technology stakeholders, create guidelines and alignment to both the bank's corporate requirements and its technology vision, and provide digital solutions and recommendations for the development of digital technologies at the bank.
The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term business and strategic objectives while enabling digital innovation which adheres to technology standards which this role will help refine.
This leader will:
* Create a technology framework for software development and technology partnerships aligned to the vision of the Head of Digital Banking and Head of Digital Products and Innovation.
* Collaborate with other Technology groups across the enterprise to align on technical solutions.
* Work closely with other technical domains, understanding digital banking technology needs, assessing multiple technology perspectives and underlying architectures, and propose solutions.
* Develop technology strategy, identify strategic partners, find optimal paths to introducing new technology to the bank and align these elements to the bank's IT delivery processes.
* Have extensive Digital, Banking and Financial systems experience. In particular:
* Core understanding of key banking customer journeys (e.g., acquisition/onboarding, servicing, authentication payments and financial insights)
* Core understanding of banking systems and platforms (e.g., Online Banking, Mobile Banking, ATM, Call Center, Branch)
* Deep technical background and experience working in a development environment (e.g., Coding, InfoSec, Infrastructure, FIS background, etc.)
* Experience in Test Data Management, Data, Data Obfuscation and Masking, Automation
* Continually assess new banking and retail trends, competitor and FinTech analysis and emerging technologies
* Be able to engage diverse technology and 3rd party partners to assess solutions and fit for the ban
* Work with relevant technology partners to prioritize and determine optimal approaches to onboarding new technologies and innovation.
* Create alignment to Enterprise Architecture principles, Data/Infrastructure standards, Data Office/InfoSec/Risk/Compliance requirements and Business needs.
* Have strong communication, collaboration and negotiation skills, able to work with Line of Business and Technology leadership to find, create and deliver the right technology solutions.
* Be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, driven by an aggressive transformation and change agenda as well as multiple high-profile and complex technology transformation programs.
* Be a utility player who will help interview, assess and onboard a range of technology resources aligned to Digital Banking's resource needs.
* Develop strong and collaborative relationships with lines of business and technology leaders, communicating frequently and maintaining trusted relationships with all technology domains.
* Partner with technical API and Core Banking teams as well as other technical domains to help enable best solutions for Digital Banking group.
* Play an overall technical orchestration role for Digital Banking within Business IT groups and across other technical domain groups to ensure clear and consistent communication and progress.
* Develop "Digital Guardrails" for product development that provide guidance to Technical Leads and engineering resources on software development direction
* Create feasibility studies on technology, trade-offs across business and technology stakeholders, impact analyses, proofs of concept, and other collateral in order to help drive Digital Banking goals.
* Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and technology partners within the bank to ensure alignment to corporate technology standards.
* At the same time, be a champion for Technology Change where required in order to meet competitive and market requirements.
* Develop a deep technical view of current systems and their limitations, in-flight technical projects, agile development goals and overall strategic efforts, to provide technical guidance as needed.
* Act as technical SME and single point of contact for front-end Digital Banking technology requirements.
* Be a self-starter with strong leadership skills, able to quickly resolve issues and help deliver product releases on time.
Illustrative Areas of Expertise:
* Solution Development: Value-driven analysis, Risk Vs. Opportunity analysis, Options assessment, POCs/Labs, Sales support on technology onboarding, Customer-tailored solutions
* Technology Standardization: Delivery (feasibility/impact, EIS/Risk/Infrastructure, UX/UI analysis, Integration, Reporting/MIS, Tools, EOS/EOL Strategy), DevOps, Testing
* Maturity: Software Delivery (build/release, design, integration), Infrastructure, Agile Methodology
* Incubation and Innovation: Competitor/Trend analysis, Introducing/Integrating new technologies, Identifying strategic partners, Vendor roadmap alignment
* IT Strategy: Alignment across technology domains and agile teams, Alignment with EA/Data Office/EIS/Risk/Compliance
* Best Practices: Industry best practices (e.g., open banking, BIAN, FDM), Capability assessment and alignment
* Digital Transformation Liaison: Alignment of Digital Banking Transformation to Core Banking, Data, Data Center, Cloud, API transformation efforts
* Coordination: Cross program/agile team dependencies, Technology and business strategic relevance and alignment
* 15 years working with digital or banking technologies
* 6 years in a Director level technology role
* Expertise in Enterprise Solutions such as Applications, Data and Technology
* Experience working across IT domains with ability to resolve complex issues
* Ability to create strategic plans, roadmaps and transitional phases that support the overall IT vision in partnership with Enterprise Architecture
* Creative and responsive to the needs of the Digital technology team
* Must possess the skills to use multi-level analysis and sound judgment to work through organizational and process issues
* Must be a team player with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
* Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Must be a self-starter, with discipline, organizational, problem-solving skills and time management skills to meet deadlines
* Other technical skills could include:
o Deep knowledge of the entire application development process from coding to production
o Cloud Technology experience in AWS
o Experience working with APIs, Android/IOS experience and experience developing UI/UIX for web and mobile application
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About Mufg In The Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.