Enterprise Architects work on behalf of the OCIO to develop IT strategies through which to enable business strategy; develop enterprise target architectures and transition plans through which to enable IT and business strategies; align functional, technical and solution architectures with established enterprise target architectures; monitor progress towards achieving IT strategies and enterprise target architectures; and manage IT strategy and enterprise target architecture change as needed to support evolving IT and business strategy.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Captures and understands business goals and strategies. * Captures and understands business operating models (functions, locations, capabilities and associated processes, value chains, organizational model, etc.). * Captures and understands how a given business operating model is supported by information system solutions and services. * Analyzes industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise. * Analyzes current business and IT environments and align business and technology resources to achieve strategic outcomes and/or improve organizational performance. * Develops IT strategies through which to enable business strategy. * Develops enterprise target architectures and transition plans through which to enable IT and business strategies. * Aligns functional, technical and solution architectures with established enterprise target architectures. * Monitors progress towards achieving IT strategies and enterprise target architectures. * Manages IT strategy and enterprise target architecture change as needed to support evolving IT and business strategy. * Communicates and evangelizes IT strategies, target enterprise architectures and transition plans. * Coaches and mentors peers and associates in Costco's architecture framework. * Measures and matures Costco's EA practice.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary. * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* 10+ years' recent experience defining enterprise architectures, architecting complex enterprise solutions and/or developing complex technical architectures. * Deep interpersonal skills, including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation. * Deep written, verbal and customer-facing presentation skills. * Deep experience with architecture frameworks, methods, and tools. * Deep graphical modeling skills. * Deep analytical skills. * Deep planning and organizational skills. * Applied broad knowledge of technical domains (application, information, integration, and infrastructure). * Applied broad knowledge of business functional domains. * Ability to assess risks and apply risk profiles to EA alternatives. * Ability to estimate the financial impact of EA alternatives. * Ability to understand the political climate of an enterprise and how to navigate the politics. * Tenacity in the face of adversity.
* TOGAF Certification. * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.