This position is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, monitoring, Java Application and Web servers. These servers run primarily on Red Hat Linux as well as some IBM AIX hosts.
This is not a Developer position, it has development opportunities.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Partners with architects, line of business, and other project members to create middleware solutions that * is in alignment with Costco standards * meets the needs of the project * fits within industry best practices * protects our internal and external customers from risk * Leads large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives. * Supports, analyzes, and makes performance or capacity recommendations as necessary. * Provides technical guidance and leadership to team members. * Serves as the third level escalation point for all issues not resolved by the other support staff. * Analyzes all aspects of the existing infrastructure and recommends modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability. * Performs logical and physical design (HA, multi-jvm, and multi-cell). * Researches new and developing technology and their applicability to the environment. * Develops and documents existing or new procedures as well as creating and maintaining project documentation. * Provides operational support for WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server (IHS) and other products supported by the middleware team. * Delivers project based work to agreed target dates. Works with appropriate teams to resolve roadblocks. * Works with vendors, business and appdev teams, and other technical teams to meet the needs of the project. * Installs, configures and monitors application and web servers. * Collaborates with other engineers to develop and tune middleware standards. * Provides guidance and peer review of project deliverables and manages information repositories to ensure they are being updated appropriately. * Leads initiatives to improve team standards and processes, develops best practices, and reviews platform specific security threats to determine appropriate action. * Seeks opportunities to learn, automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes where appropriate. * Follows corporate security standards and best practices, including the ongoing promotion of awareness on current threats. * Understands and adheres to Costco's project methodology and framework. * Understands and adheres to Costco's Mission Statement and Code of Ethics. * Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* Minimum of 8 years experience supporting products running on AIX, Linux or other UNIX variants. * Minimum of 10 years supporting one or more production java application server environments. * Preferred Application Servers: IBM WebSphere, IBM Liberty, JBoss * Alternatives: WebLogic, Tomcat, or other. * Security experience including SSL certificates, SAML or Security Tokens, hardening, PEN tests, etc. * Proficient with operating system utilities such as vi, top/topas, crontab, nslookup, ifconfig, and ssh. * Team player - friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful and committed. Must work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas and collaborating and ultimately putting team goals first. * Excellent Leadership abilities, able to persuade and get consensus on ideas. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Willing to learn and support third party applications. * Extensive Cloud and Network knowledge/experience. * LDAP/Oracle/DB2/MQ integration. * Experience with enterprise level monitoring tools. * Jython, JACL, and/or PERL scripting. * Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis
* Cloud Technologies Knowledge and Experience * Docker or other Container Management experience. * Unix administration or certification. * IBM WebSphere Application Server certification * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business.