Do you thrive on challenge? Are you curious about what it means to deploy code at webscale? Are you a master of communicating by emotes in online team chat rooms? Then you will find Poker is the home for you. We are a hard-working, diverse team with many exciting social and professional events to help you take your career to the next level. When you work on poker, you will not only get a chance to change the future of one of the key franchises for Zynga, but you will also learn to know when to hold'em, AND know when to fold'em. Reach out to us today to learn how to get a seat at the best table in the games industry!
The Engineering Manager for the Zynga Poker Austin Studio will be fundamental in our critical efforts to level up the Austin engineering team and improve the quality of all features/products. The ideal candidate will have superior process skills, awesome people skills, a high level of integrity, great technical depth, and a strong desire to build successful teams.
* Reinforce Austin team's identity within the Poker organization and as a centre of excellence
* Represent the team at Poker meetings, highlighting the team's successes and initiatives, and resolving issues with the quality
* Partner with tech lead and other disciplines within the team to develop a roadmap, and design test strategies, tools, and drive meaningful improvements to increase the overall quality
* Identify and implement process improvements for the team: evolve, optimize, and define processes that can benefit projects in a proactive manner
* Manage career progression and implement development plans that keep engineers on the team motivated and engaged
* Responsible for tracking performance, both individual and team, as well as monitoring team health
* Demonstrate transparency and active communication within the team, across all Poker teams and with management
* Responsible for team on-boarding
You will be a perfect fit if you have:
* BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
* 5+ years related Software Development experience
* 2+ years in a team lead or management experience, including hiring, building key projects and career management
* Proven ability to motivate teams, mentor individuals and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
* Familiarity with software development practices, including Agile, Test Driven Development and Software (Games) as a Service
* Working knowledge of mobile app/game landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies and platforms
* Experience in C#, Java, C/C++, or similar programming language
* Good understanding of PHP
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ALBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Aurora)
* Experience with Mobile, API / web service, Network testing, Unity
* Familiarity with Compliance / Regulatory requirements
* Enthusiastic team player with strong collaboration and communication skills
What we offer you:
* Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
* Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
* Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
* Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
* Emergency child care support
* Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
* Dog Friendly offices
* Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
* Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
* Flexible working hours on many teams
* Gym Benefits
* Commuter benefits
* Casual dress every single day
* Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodation during the interview process, please let us know. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga provides social game services and develops social games for smartphones, websites and social websites.