We are soliciting talent to join our Cloud Administration and Engineering team (CloudOps) to develop and maintain internal tools, as well as collaborating with game studios on optimization projects. Engage and work with us, alongside all Zynga partner studios in the US, Asia and Europe. Join us and learn what makes Zynga one of the leaders in the mobile online gaming industry.
We are soliciting candidates looking for remote employment from the west coast who are able to work during the PST time zones.
Key member of a team responsible for developing business logic and modernizing web application in the multicloud infrastructure at Zynga. This includes developing business applications with popular MVC frameworks, as well as updating legacy application server code to newer application stacks (primarily LAMP, secondary Golang, Python, Ruby). The engineer will be working with modern deployment methodologies (CI/CD, Docker/Kubernetes workflows) developing both user-facing applications and game service APIs. The engineer should be aware of best practices for working in AWS, and preferably other cloud environments in terms of secure design, cost sensitivity, and manageability. Works relatively independently in the role as a subject matter expert for the team, with the support of other developers and DevOps engineers. Typically reports to a permanent manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Building business logic and visualization modules for internal applications
* Collaborating with other business units to convert manual business workflows and requirements into application code.
* Working with studio partners to upgrade their code for updated OS and application stacks
* Mentoring and guiding junior members in the development group
* Assisting other teams in establishing application development best practices and security guidelines
* On-call responsibilities, operational support for systems under administration.
* Comfortable working in a small team environment with significant autonomy.
* Flexibility in work schedule: collaborate with teams during US or UK business hours on a regular basis.
* Interest in learning additional languages and platforms.
* Interest in multi-cloud application design, lifetime learning and self-education.
* Interest in gaming-related application development and technologies
* Availability for after-hours on-call support
* 4 years of relevant work experience in similar roles
* Strong experience developing in PHP
* Experience developing with Relational and Non-Relational databases, external data ingestion and third party API integration.
* Experience applying MVC frameworks such as Laravel and React. Understanding of UI/UX
* Experience developing on Linux VMs and Containers hosted in Cloud providers
* Fundamental experience with Enterprise Linux environments, development, deployment, maintenance and orchestration patterns
* Experience / Motivation for learning Python, Golang, Ruby
* Experience converting business needs into application logic by engaging with Business/Finance Teams
* Strong English written and verbal skills.
* Good documentation skills.
* LAMP stack development focus
* C#/Java/Ruby experience
* .net stack development (Windows or Linux)
* Terraform / Chef expertise
* CI/CD Workflows.
* Experience designing and developing microservices architectures
* Cloud Administration
* (Candidate will work with and is likely to master some or all of these skills while working at Zynga)
What we offer you:
* Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
* Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
* Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
* Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
* Emergency childcare support
* Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
* Dog-Friendly offices
* Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
* Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
* Flexible working hours on many teams
* Gym Benefits
* Commuter benefits
* Casual dress every single day
* Culture of diversity and inclusion
* Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Zynga provides social game services and develops social games for smartphones, websites and social websites.