This role is part of the Transformation, Engineering, Quality (TEQ) Organization within T-Mobile's Product & Technology (P&T) organization. The EDP Onboarding Team provides services and support to application development teams in their DevOps and CICD journey. You will work with developers and configuration management specialists on other teams to guide, sometimes in a very hands-on manner, them to incorporate their application's build and deployment process onto a CICD pipeline. This is a transformation effort and you will need to instruct, encourage, and support these teams on their journey to improve their processes.
You will be part of a team that in addition to helping the application development teams also governs, monitors, and ensures compliance of standards, metrics/KPIs, and processes across all delivery pipelines within P&T, including custom pipelines.
You will also need excellent soft skills in regards to communication, empathy, cross-functional collaboration, and creating win-win scenarios with various stakeholders. This is a transformation role and that means encouraging people to make changes and helping them become comfortable with those changes.
* Understand in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What applications, platforms and other capabilities that are currently available with an eye to how those new capabilities can be leveraged. * Focus on Automation First. Automation drives speed, quality, and lower costs. Automation is a wonderful thing! * Drive building self-service, data driven, and decentralized decision making * Gain a deep understanding of the customer pain points and needs around Delivery. Be part of a customer focused and value based team.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* Minimum 3 years of experience designing and developing applications * Minimum 3 years of experience using 2 or more development languages or tools (e.g., Java, Python, C++, Bash/Shell scripting, Groovy, Golang, etc.) * Minimum 3 years of experience designing and developing applications on Unix or Linux operating * Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
Education Required: Ba
* Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
\\Technology & System
* The ability to develop and create code is required. This is not a role where you will only provide advice. You will help teams automate their build and deployment processes and along the way learn about their application and how it's setup, configured, tested, scanned, and deployed. The intent is to help teams transform their ability to build and deploy their applications faster, with higher quality and consistency, and reduce costs. * You must have an automation and self-service mindset. The idea is to increase automation and reduce time. Examples of the type of work you will participate in include: * Build APIs, leverage and integrate open source plug-ins and self-service tools to invoke and create new capabilities, platforms, and solutions to empower CI/CD and DevOps to increase time to value. * Identify and automate repeatable manual tasks * Identify recurring problems and build solutions to automate and remediate the issues
* Be able to run manual tests and processes of our customers in order to understand the pain and how to drive automation and building frameworks/tools/capabilities to support the enterprise
* Manage and provide design/code reviews for your vendor engineering resources - code reviews, standards enforcement, quality & SLA management. * Monitor and manage the reports/SLAs of dev work and documentation is maintained
* Understand your customers' pain points, challenges, and requirements. Build a partnering relationship with your customers. Know your customers, their architecture, their code, their pains, and how to best support them to optimize delivery & quality. * Establish feedback loop for continuous improvement * Have a customer facing mentality - meet your deadlines and provide high quality deliverables
Strategy / Innovation / Market Research
* Understand latest technologies, continuously improve, optimize processes, automation, etc. * Participate in Community of Practice forums and Governance communities as needed
Capability/Platform Specific Knowledge & Experience
Experience desired in: (You won't know all of these, but the broader your base the better!)
* Gitlab, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Ant, SonarQube, Fortify, PCF, Kubernetes, Concourse CI, Docker, etc. * Building and deploying microservices * API development and use * Canary testing and deployments * Blue-green deployments * General experience and expertise in the technology stack, code, and processes for the CICD domain area * Strong GIT experience * Pragmatic unit testing with experience in popular frameworks such as testNG/Junit/Jacoco