As a Product Owner you will work with a team of software developers, network and systems engineers to manage the entire life cycle for the product: SLIPED within T-Mobile. Accountable for growth and profitability in assigned areas. Responsible for the product's innovation, positioning, business case, experience and go-to-market strategies.
They are to ensure that the design, implementation, and deployed software meets customer's requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments. The engineer will participate in architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro services, SDN, NFV, and Big Data platforms and technologies. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications
* 2 - 5 years in one or more of the following categories: software/hardware, web, telecommunications, consumer electronics, or consumer packaged goods, with a focus on product management, product development or marketing. Strong understanding of voice and data services and products.
* Focus: Experience in defining and executing go-to-market strategies.
* Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
* Communication: Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to subject matter experts and non-technical professionals.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
* Analytical: Knowledge of new product development processes, go to market strategies, and product life cycle management.
* Technical Expertise: Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans.
* Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
* Influencing Others: Ability to influence, lead and coach cross functional teams and champion new concepts and ideas.
* Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Engineering
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
* Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
* Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by developing software solutions; Owns the performance of the product in-market, and is responsible for ensuring that the product achieves its financial objectives. Analyzes financial performance, recommends tactics to change the trajectory of the business. Expected to supervise base and associate level engineers as needed
* Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing or new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Understands the creation of company IPR.
* Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Creates clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the manager level. Understands the protection of company IPR.
* Technical Leadership: Collaborates with dedicated enterprise resources, e.g. Engineering, Supply Chain, CARE, EIT, and other product management teams to optimize the in-market performance of products to attain revenue and margin goals. Also, responsible for monitoring products performance in-market (financial, operational, and customer satisfaction). Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in-house workshops and learning
* Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals. Manages all life cycle migration strategies and the end of life decision for existing products and services.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.