Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Embedded Software Engineers to be responsible for full life-cycle product development of Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare (RFEW), Infrared Counter Measures (IRCM) and Advanced Target & Surveillance (ATS) Systems as well as customization of current systems to support customer needs.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be involved in requirements analysis and system architecture, coding, design and verification using state of the art tools and techniques. These products and systems power the next generation of products. Our products are integrated with our customers' machines and systems and many of the applications are highly customized and unique.
We are interested in highly motivated individuals with embedded software design experience with a focus on hardware and software interactions on real time systems.
* Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience OR Master's degree and minimum 3 year of relevant professional work experience.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, CE, ECE or comparable Engineering discipline
* Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
* Knowledge in programming embedded software using: C and Object Oriented C
* Knowledge in operating system concepts for embedded systems
* Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded systems
* Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration management and change management tools.
* US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance.
* Experience programming embedded software such as: C and C .
* Experience programming application software such as: C#, .Net, Java.
* Experience on complex systems of systems utilizing parallel processing, distributed processing, multi-core, secure processing, Big Data, GP-GPU.
* Experience using RTOS such as: VxWorks, INTEGRITY, PSOS and/or Embedded Linux
* Experience with CMMI Level 3, 4 and/or 5
* Experience in using MATLAB and Simulink
* Experience with tools such as: DOORS, ClearCase, ClearQuest and Rhapsody
* Experience using Model Based Engineering, UML, SysML, OOAD and OOP
* Experience with interfaces such as: 1553, Ethernet, Fiber, USB, Serial and/or PCI-E.
* Experience with Agile and/or Rapid prototyping software methodologies
* Differentiating characteristics included: demonstrated leadership and teamwork capability, interpersonal communication skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular) and an enthusiastic go getter attitude
* US citizen with active Secret or Top-secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.