The Technology Software Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer's requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments The engineer will participate in architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro services, SDN, NFV, and Big Data platforms and technologies. Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* 2+ Years Technical engineering experience
* Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
* Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
* Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
* Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
* Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
* Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Engineering
* Technical System Expertise: Understand how systems operate and the benefits of current technology. Knowledge of programming like and Java, Scala and Python and network virtualization solutions.
* Technical Experience with development tools used for network management, data analytics, and open source projects like Apache Spark, Kafka and No SQL DBs.
* Innovation: Presents new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. Presents new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing system/process/service. Express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry. Review current company processes to highlight questions that may drive process refinement.
* Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption at the engineer level.
* Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies.
* Technology Strategy: Understands current technology that supports business goals.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.