This role is tasked with developing, constructing, testing and maintaining architectures and software in support of data transfer between systems. This is done by aligning architectural capabilities with requirements from the business to engineer data pipelines from data sourcing, ingestion, enrichment, and modeling. The Principal Data Engineer also optimizes existing ETL/ELT processes, builds APIs for data access, and analyzes source systems for optimization. They do this by partnering with Technical Product Managers, Data Scientists, Data Architects, and Business Functional Analysts, to build and deliver analytics solutions with a product mindset. Their experience and knowledge allows them to apply DevOps principals to data engineering processes to ensure reliable, accurate, and complete data pipelines.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* One or more of the following: SQL, Hive, Pig, R, Matlab, SAS, Python, Java, Ruby, C++, Perl, MDX, DAX
* SQL and SSAS Expert
* Proficient in BI/Analytics and Data Prep tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, CLIQ, Alteryx, SAP Data Hub Modeler, etc.
* Expert in ETL/ELT Deployment Environments such as on-prem (SSIS, Nifi, etc), cloud-based (Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, etc) & containerized (Kubernetes)
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Firewalls, SSH, SSL, SFTP, port forwarding, NTFS Security, ACLs, Least Privilege, Active Directory, LDAP
* Data Warehouse Virtualization Platforms (eg: Denodo)
* Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate, and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits and trends. Understand the building blocks, interactions, dependencies and tools required to complete software and automation work. In-depth understanding of enterprise data warehouse patterns and technologies. Have experience with "Big Data" model paradigms such as MapReduce in order to build a scale out data processing solutions.
* Technical Engineering Services: Supports engineering projects by developing software solutions for data and analytics; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise engineering teams on occasion.
* Innovation: Presents new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. Presents new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing system/process/services. Express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry. Review current company processes to highlight questions that may drive process refinement.
* Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption at the VP level.
* Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system experience to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies.
* Technology Strategy: Understand current technology that supports business goals. Understand technology trends and how technical investments may be affected by changes within those trends. Identifies risks and mitigation strategies from a technical perspective as it relates to this field.
* Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.