Technology powers everything we do at T-Mobile. It takes an army of project managers, web developers, and engineers, all working like a well-oiled machine. This is teamwork at its best with technical warriors bravely pushing the edges of the wireless frontier.
Are you interested in the cutting edge of technology? Are you willing to participate and share your creative ideas and perspectives? Do you want to gain useful real-world job experience while in school? If you answered yes, then our Technology Experience (TechX) Internship Program is for you!
TechX is a part-time (15-20 hours a week) internship for students currently enrolled in a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Engineering, Project/Product Management, Data Management or other Technology related fields. The program is nine months from October through June during which you will gain experience working through different challenges and projects. You'll partner with the best senior technologists in the industry and even have the opportunity to rotate teams giving you exposure to a wide variety of technologies across our organization.
* Program duration: October 9, 2019 - June 12, 2020 (or until graduation, whichever comes first)
* Available locations: Seattle Metro Area, Parsippany, Downers Grove, Atlanta, & Dallas/Fort Worth
* Work hours: Part-time (15-20 hours/week)
* Rotation: Interns may participate in an optional team rotation at the mid-point (February)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications :
* Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree majoring in a technical field including: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, and Information Technology
* Able to work 15 to 20 hours per week during regular daytime business hours (schedule will be flexible to accommodate classes and coursework)
* Ability to commute to T-Mobile's offices (relocation is not provided)
* Authorization to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
Recruiting for the 2018 TechX program takes place between March and September. We'll be visiting campuses across the country and attending national recruiting conferences in September through November. Candidate screening will begin in March. If we think you're a good fit for one of our roles, we'll contact you directly to discuss next steps. Interviews will start in late-May and all TechX roles will be filled by the end of September. Responsibilities :
At T-Mobile, we employ an agile DevOps model that drives our bottom line by delivering value to the business. As part of a DevOps team, you will help drive value into the product and enable innovation and simplified solutions.
As TechX Development & IT Interns, you will use and learn a large variety of different technologies and integrate new technologies as well. You'll be involved in creating and maintaining many different processes in an environment where you are constantly learning and solving problems. DevOps is one of the few roles where you see a product go from creation to production, which allows you to work closely with your team and cross-functionally with people from other fields, giving you greater visibility throughout T-Mobile.
TechX Development & IT Interns can work in a variety of different roles, including Product Owner, Architect, Dev Test, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, App Ops and Development. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, customer focused and interested in becoming part of the Un-carrier.
* Use your knowledge of programming to automate day-to-day operational tasks, deployments and monitoring tasks applications and platforms
* Participate in creating, developing & managing the deployment architecture for applications and platforms
* Act as a liaison for intake process to DevOps technology teams
* Implement monitoring, dashboards, escalations and alerts
* Develop and drive incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanisms
* Drive root cause analysis (RCA) and risk management processes
* Drive ongoing improvements and efficiency in operational practices, tools and processes
* Work with Technology Product Managers (TPM) to identify and articulate initiative scope, benefits, and return on investment (ROI)
* Collaborate with stakeholders to plan and manage product releases
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.