The Engagement Manager is focused on our most strategic customers. The function's goal is to maximize customer satisfaction, retention, and growth throughout the relationship. In this role, you will use your background in technical pre-sales, program management and service delivery to help evolve our customer's cloud strategies, moving them from concept to implementation that best leverages both the customer's and Akamai's strengths. You will drive business value, innovation, develop strong customer relationships, along with a deep understanding of the customer's business models.
As an Engagement Manager II you will be responsible for:
* Serve as the central point of contact for the customer, expand client relationships, oversee integrated account team execution, and ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Work independently or lead small technical teams with Akamai customers/resellers to evaluate the customer's technical architecture and deliver the appropriate integration solution.
* Accountable for customer implementation portfolio, including architecture design, portfolio planning and throughput, creation and maintenance of operational controls and tracking metrics and deliverables.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects. Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload.
* Participate in operational issues related to specific engagements, including billings, expenses, staffing, utilization management, among other client facing activities.
* Handle customer asks, question and escalation and manage customer expectation on all technical issues.
* Work closely with account team to educate customers on Akamai's services and solutions - this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
* Strategic development and technical management of customer environment.
* Create and expand the customer relationship through exploration of the customer's business.
* Exploration of the customer's business and education of Akamai's portfolio and roadmap.
* Travel to supported customer's offices when necessary.
* Primary region of coverage is West Coast area.
* Must be able to work independently as part of a remote team.
* Must have the ability to travel up to 25%.
About the Team
Recognizing that an organization's approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an on-going exercise long after go-live, Akamai Professional Services offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer's Internet strategy. Akamai's Professional Services team calls upon its Internet expertise to architect the optimal solution for the unique business and technical requirements of our customers. Through its proven methodologies and processes, this highly experienced team of consultants has implemented effective solutions for thousands of Akamai customers.
Required Education and Experience
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in IT, Telecommunication, Computer Science, Engineering or another related field.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in technical consulting services, project management experience and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services in in at least one of the following areas:
o Large scale web site/application development & operation
o Cloud computing
o Content Delivery Network (CDN) and/or Application Delivery Network (ADN)
o Media streaming technologies
* Minimum 3 years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design.
* Fluent in Mandarin and English and able to read and write Chinese.
* Previous working experience with Chinese company and/or knowledgeable on Chinese working culture/environment a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to disseminate information in a clear and correct manner to both business and technical audiences, from the user to the executive level.
* Experience in a customer facing role requiring a high level of individual responsibility, sound business judgment and large enterprise account management, where an aptitude for improving customer satisfaction was successfully demonstrated.
* Strong relationship building skills, can positively influence the actions of others and works as a team player.
* A proven track record demonstrating business acumen, business management, an ability to make decisions along with a passion for excellence
* Master Degree Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline is a plus.
* Any of PMP, CCIE, CISSP, or equivalent IT industry expert certification a plus.
* Enthusiastic, action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
* Experience delivering streaming technologies in the enterprise or B2C, including encoding, server technologies, client and server playlists/metafiles, custom media player creation, DRM a plus
* Detailed knowledge of Internet technologies and considered a subject matter expert in any relevant internet topic.
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.