We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test with proven distributed systems experience and automation skills to work with the engineering and quality teams to build system-level test automation and execute automated and manual tests. An ideal candidate will have distributed system testing experience, strong analytical abilities, excellent teamwork and communication skills, and the ability to design, implement, maintain and extend effective system test automation solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test you will be responsible for:
* Working closely with engineering teams to design, develop, implement and improve test methodologies, test plans and highly effective test automation.
* Designing full system test to verify functionality of Akamai's Content Delivery and Security Products.
* Creating, deploying and maintaining automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios on a large-scale distributed test network.
* Formulating test plans based on functional requirements, system design and defect analysis.
About the Team:
The Distributed Data Engineering team (DDE) owns and operates the Big Data systems that process, aggregate and store every Akamai network transaction for the purposes of analytics, billing, reporting, intelligence, decision support and provisioning. DDE systems currently receive over 7PB/day of data and process over 5 trillion records per day. The data applications group within DDE has responsibility for supporting the customer relationship and owning the design, development and deployment of Big Data applications. Distributed Data Intelligence team is part The Distributed Data Engineering team (DDE), which is a group engineers who develop distributed systems that support Akamai's global network. In general, these systems operate behind the scenes to provide the fault-tolerant and highly scalable core of Akamai's configuration and health monitoring systems.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or its related field or
* 3 years of Relevant experience and a Master's degree Computer Science or its related field or
* Relevant experience and a PhD Computer Science or its related field
* 8+ years experience in software quality and/or software development engineering experience.
* 5+ years experience working with one or more common Internet protocols such as IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, FTP, and/or SSL.
* 5+ year of experience working with UNIX/Linux systems
* 5+ year of experience working with Shell and/or Perl scripting
* 5+ years of experience developing and/or executing back end system test automation.
* 5+ years of experience writing complete feature test plans and test cases
* 5+ years of experience testing and/or developing distributed applications/services.
* Experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, Apache Spark, Zoo Keeper, Cassandra, Hadoop
* Experience testing REST based API interfaces
* Experience with distributed systems, client/server systems
* Experience with Internet security, firewalls, or Linux iptables
* Experience in performance test and benchmarking concepts.
* Experience developing and maintaining automated test scripts, libraries, or frameworks
* Great command in different QA Methodologies (black-box, white-box and gray-box)
* Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.