The Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Electronic Warfare (EW) Electronic Attack (EA) Systems Department is seeking a Systems Engineering (SE) Requirements Manager / Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements Management System (DOORS) Architect for current and future EW programs. The SE role includes working with program Chief Engineers and Lead Systems Engineers to tailor DOORS processes for individual programs, creating new DOORS projects, working with legacy programs to inject best practices, and maintaining the DOORS database for multiple EW programs. The DOORS architect will work with program teams to determine current and future DOORS needs and propose upgraded functionality to the Raytheon DOORS toolkit. This role will also allow for mentorship of current DOORS users increasing the efficiency of use across the department and other functional areas. The DOORS Architect is expected to be a "super-user" and toolkit SME who will mentor current and future users and perform Requirements Management tasking. This includes ensuring system requirements are written in a clear, concise, unambiguous, and testable manner.
The SEIT engineering center ensures that customer needs are met by providing foundational EW capabilities throughout the entire system life cycle. For all programs, this includes establishment of a well-defined technical baseline, distinct system architectures, clear system requirements, thorough integration and test plans, and robust verification and validation. The SEIT works in partnership with the Software & Hardware design centers to ensure a cohesive and compliant solution baseline is not only established, but managed throughout the contract period of performance.
Position requires US Citizenship as candidate will be required to have a US Security Clearance day one of employment
* Minimum 6 years of Systems Engineering related experience.
* Demonstrated expertise in DOORS.
* Expertise with systems requirements definition, generation and analysis.
* Experience with system-level testing, and how requirements management & DOORS architecture facilitate efficient testing.
* Effective interface with senior-level leaders (Internal/External), end users, and contractors in a diverse team setting.
* Ability to work independently to determine & develop approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion by the program Lead Systems Engineer.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Requires Active DoD Secret Clearance.
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
* Experience with EW/RF System-level Architectures, Requirements Management, or Modeling & Simulation experience.
* Experience with EW/Radar technology development, product strategies and innovation capability.
* Experience in EW/Radar test execution and the use of test performance metrics.
* Experience with DOORs Administration.
* Experience with the Raytheon DOORs Automation Toolkit.
* Experience with Microsoft Project scheduling activities.
* Experience with security requirements related to government testing.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
Desired Education: Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering from an ABET approved college or university.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. 137888BR 137888 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.