What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Works independently to drive a consolidated AMD initiative to showcase AMD technology for Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and Information Technology (IT) workloads in the AMD Design and IT environment. Ensures processes are in place to provide relevant benchmark data to AMD Marketing, Sales, EDA Suppliers and IT Suppliers on AMD's technology. Plans and follows through on all the steps necessary to optimize benchmark results to position AMD for success.
Key Job Functions:
* Manages and coordinates with the Design Methodology, Corporate IT and Engineering Grid teams to develop and present benchmark comparison data.
* Communicates closely with AMD Marketing and Sales to support marketing strategies and sales engagements. This will include demonstrating the TCO advantage of AMD's technology, developing marketing collateral for EDA and IT workloads and participating as a consultant in sales engagements.
* Collaborates closely with external Suppliers that influence the performance of AMD's technology. For example, EDA software providers, OS and VM vendors, IT Application software suppliers, including AI and Machine Learning software suppliers, and Public Cloud providers.
* Acts as a Program Manager when required to drive complex cross-disciplinary engagements.
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with an aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
* Experienced in managing horizontally across multiple internal and external functional organizations (IT, Design Methodology, Marketing and Sales) and external customers and suppliers.
* The candidate must be a team player with a commitment to meeting deadlines and the ability to develop and deploy cross functional processes to support the team's functions.
Education and Experience:
* BS (Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science) and/or related experience
* Extensive knowledge of application domain and Use Model of EDA tools based on EDA Design Methodology or Chip Design/Verification experience.
* Solid foundation of Corporate IT Systems and Applications and experience working with IT teams.
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams, either in prior Management positions or as a Program Manager.
* Experience in CPU and/or GPU architecture, Software Development, AI/Machine learning and Graphics applications a big plus.
Requisition Number: 72720
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Information Technology
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.