Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world, has enjoyed continuous growth in its e-Commerce division and as part of its expansion is searching for an experienced, results oriented Quality Assurance Manager. The right candidate will help lead and grow a team of highly motivated, competent QA analysts within its multibillion eCommerce business applications organization. This position offers the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment, on multiple platforms and with a great management team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies, drive compliance, improve quality, and ensure reporting consistency across different teams. S/he will need to show strong communication and collaboration skills, and demonstrate an ability to negotiate with other leaders in deciding a direction which is best overall for the company.
As a member of the IS Management team, you are a steward of the company, you are entrusted with the development and execution of team's strategic vision and you represent the primary conduit between your employees and upper leadership.
* Supports a healthy and cooperative team dynamic by fostering a work environment based on collaboration, openness, and trust. * Actively encourages employees to contribute to the success of the team by listening to and incorporating employee ideas and feedback. * Fosters a high performance culture while providing positive feedback to support employee morale. * Defines and documents QA test status reporting standards. * Sets clear performance expectations and provides thoughtful and timely coaching and feedback to ensure department, business and company procedures and standards are met. * Conducts yearly performance reviews. * Coaches and counsels employees on career development opportunities and options. * Encourages and models a culture of continual learning and professional development by providing regular training and professional development opportunities. * Openly shares best practices and critical information with colleagues. * Ensures consistency of test status reporting across the various teams within eBusiness. * Identifies ways to continually improve quality of testing and reduce post install defects. * Ensures the accuracy and completeness of functional and regression test cases. * Ensures the validity of test data and defines a process for refreshing the QA environments. * Conducts root cause analysis of post deployment defects and develops a mitigation plan. * Removes roadblocks that are impacting QA testing. * Ensures testing activities meets all compliance activities such as SOX, HIPAA, PII, etc.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary. * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* 7+ years' experience in leading QA teams in support of large scale, multi-application systems. * Extensive knowledge of and application of effective QA methodology and practices. * Proven track record of strong leadership and team-building skills with the ability to lead, mentor, coach and develop staff. * Must be innovative, creative, possess a passion for excellence. * Must be customer focused, extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency. * Must have excellent organizational and planning skills, with experience building strategic and tactical plans. * Must have the ability to work under pressure and in a crisis situation. * Must be able to support a 24X7X365 environment.
* Experience in testing eCommerce and Order Management systems. * Strong technical experience related all forms of software testing and quality assurance. * Experience in the use of test automation tools and best practices. * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.