This Ancillary Test Automation Analyst focused on environments, will be instrumental in implementing, updating, and maintaining software and hardware used in the Non-Production Automation environment for Ancillary Businesses at Costco. This person will work with Quality Assurance teams, as well as Design & Development teams, and other IT groups within Costco to support Ancillary Business plans. This person should have a broad knowledge of hardware, software, and scripting and/or programming. Must have prior experience in working with multiple operating systems. This position requires effective interpersonal communication skills.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Execute automated test scripts, research and remediate test run failures and report test results.
* Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all documentation for assigned work products.
* Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of test environments necessary for Automation testing. This includes working with internal departments, Third-party vendors, maintenance of simulators, deployment of hardware and software on prem and in Cloud (Azure), Oracle/SQL Server, Linux, Windows, and Web-based environments.
* Perform root cause analysis and provide technical solutions to Automation environment related application errors. This could involve working with internal departments and/or Third-party vendors to research incidents and creating/obtaining documentation outlining resolution.
* Collaborate with IT, database, architecture, and business teams to identify current and future needs.
* Ability to work seamlessly across both Windows and Linux/Unix environments, including installation, configuration, and maintenance of these environments.
* Ability to multi-task and to evaluate/prioritize work items based on needs and requirements.
* Communicate changes and updates on these environments to the appropriate parties prior to the actual work being done.
* Responsible for keeping current on technology related to his/her area of focus. This will be accomplished through ongoing formal and informal training and reading industry information.
* When required, create or update documentation on the work performed and/or provide accurate documentation on new or modified procedures.
* Submit weekly status reports highlighting progress, accomplishments, issues, and action items, to the QA Team manager.
* Logical approach to trouble-shooting and problem-solving.
* Able to provide accurate completion estimates for assigned tasks.
* Ability to create and monitor IT request tickets as needed.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Minimum of three (3) years working with and maintaining Windows & Linux environments.
* Three or more (3+) years hands-on experience with developing and executing OS-level scripts or code such as batch files, shell scripts, powershell scripts, and other scripting languages.
* Minimum of two (2) years basic understanding of software quality assurance with an understanding of Quality processes and methodologies.
* T-SQL programming experience for configuration management and environmental status tracking. Experience working with relational databases including Oracle, MSSQL and DB2 preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
* Familiarity with object oriented design and programming concepts and principles.
* Experience using source control tools.
* Ability to solve complex technical problems with a focus on root cause analysis.
* Self-motivated, self-directed, and attention to detail.
* Experience with MobaXterm, Putty, Vim, Bash, or other xTerm emulators.
* Good understanding of LAN/WAN concepts including application layer protocols.
* Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills.
* Excellent organizational skills with effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to work under pressure & effectively with various IS/IT technical teams and with business groups under minimal supervision.
* Excellent skills in all of the following areas: analysis and problem solving, good development practices, troubleshooting and maintenance.
* 4-year degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
* Experience working with Costco Pharmacy, Optical, or Hearing Aid businesses a plus.
* Working knowledge of Dynatrace, SPLUNK, C# or Java programming a plus.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.