Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed cloud infrastructure from the ground up? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building a new Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform that operates at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. The largest names in technology and global business choose Oracle because we provide them with best in class end-to-end integrated compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We are assembling an elite security engineering team with the expertise and passion for solving challenging security problems in distributed multi-tenant architecture. You will use your knowledge and creativity to design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. A security-focused engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact across the entire platform and company.
Cloud… Why Oracle?
We are the only company delivering the world's most complete set of integrated cloud capabilities across all layers (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS). No other vendor offers 100% compatibility across cloud and on-premise environments. This multilayer approach is essential to building a next generation cloud with better performance, reliability and security at every level. When you join our entrepreneurial environment you will have access to enterprise strong Linux and Solaris distributions, Linux kernel developers, Java, DB and virtualization experts, and the latest in datacenter hardware.
We have a $5B R&D investment annually to ensure we have the coolest, most innovative cloud offerings on the planet. Help us build the next generation of cloud capabilities that leverages the industry's #1 database and application server.
The Security Products team builds and operates internal security services and tools to improve the overall security of the Bare Metal Compute Cloud.
As a Software Development Engineer you will be solving challenging security problems in distributed multi-tenant architecture. You will use your knowledge and creativity to design and build innovative security services and products from the ground up that are fundamentally sound and efficient. You will also be working closely with software engineers from the various cloud service teams to build secure services and infrastructure that are fundamentally sound and efficient. Your influence over the design of the full system architecture is critical. You should be familiar with security at all levels of the software, hardware, and network stack; while being deep in a few. Intellectual curiosity and an excitement for solving complex problems of securing complex, massive systems is a must. You should value simplicity and usability as well as security and work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment.
This is an emerging venture within Oracle and a successful candidate should be prepared to:
* Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, development, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging to documentation, delivery, and maintenance of multi-tenant, distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services for Security Products.
* Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
* Produce comprehensive and usable software documentation.
* Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
* Dive deep into any part of the stack and low level systems.
* Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to it.
* Design broad distributed system interactions.
* Work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
* Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
* 5 years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
* Strong knowledge of C, C or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
* Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
* Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
Top 4 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
* C, C#, Java, Python development experience
* Solving problems and have designed and developed systems part of larger distributed systems.
* Analytics or Machine learning would be a plus
* Application security experience would be a plus
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.