Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We build transformative AI Apps that can react, learn, and adapt in real time. The Adaptive intelligence apps are cloud-based applications capable of adapting with machine learning and artificial intelligence in real-time using the power of internal data and the power of real-time external data, decision science, and a highly scalable computing infrastructure to produce better business outcomes. These applications are easy to use, easy to change, and easy to connect. No data scientists are needed.
Learn more about Adaptive Intelligent Apps here: https://www.oracle.com/applications/ai-apps/index.html
Oracle is seeking an experienced product manager, preferably with expertize in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to work on the next generation of cloud-based data-driven applications. These applications will use the aggregated data from Oracle's data cloud and other sources to drive automated outcomes in a number of horizontal and vertical application segments. This is an exciting emerging venture for Oracle. One of the key roles of the product management function will be to identify and prioritize the solutions to be delivered and technologies to be used, as well as provide the subsequent functional specification of said solutions.
Considering that this is an emerging venture within Oracle, successful candidates must be able to:
* understand the business advantages that new technologies in big data, data mining and mobile delivery can bring
* think creatively about what new solutions can be delivered - often to business and technical problems which may never have had a possible solution before these technologies
* work with agile development techniques
* guide a scrum team to deliver next-gen ERP capabilities driven by data and artificial intelligence
* understand the cloud delivery model and how that drives application delivery and deployment
* work in an environment with a significant number of unknowns - both technically and functionally inherent in such a new venture
* collaborate across a number of development teams
* work globally in a geographically dispersed team
* Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment
* Fully competent in own area of expertise
* Assist in the creation of product strategy and drive product requirements
* Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality
* Initiate and foster relationships with other groups and partners
* Develop product presentations and collateral
* Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities
* Demonstrate strong technical, communication, and analytical skills
* Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills
* Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Experience in Product Management role
* Domain knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning
* Demonstrated track record of at least 10 years of product management or product development in enterprise SaaS software or related experience
* Self-starter, motivated and ambitious. Looking to grow in a fast-moving organization. Ability to wear many different hats and work on multiple deliverables in parallel
* Great verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and able to present and document ideas in a concise and articulate manner
* Strong analytical skills and problem- solving skills to form a deep understanding of market/customer needs
* Ability to think creatively about how our products can solve business problems which have not been possible before
* Ability to build relationships and collaborate successfully outside of authority while leveraging Oracle expertise and resources
* BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area
* Knowledge of machine learning techniques and algorithms a plus
This is a great opportunity to be in at the beginning of a new exciting venture within Oracle and within a really talented, global engineering community.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.