Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
With tremendous market success in our Cloud Applications, especially in ERP Cloud, Higher Ed institutions have expressed unprecedented interest in embarking a cloud adoption journey with Oracle. Student Information Systems, a critical functional area to complete in our SaaS footprint for Higher Ed, is one top investment priority for Oracle. With over 800 institutions using Campus Solutions today, our charter is to strike the balance of accelerating the delivery of Student Cloud while continue to deliver value for existing Campus Solutions customers.
We leverage an agile development methodology (scrum) to facilitate the development of our products. Our development practices include empowered scrum teams, continuous build and integration, weekly sprint reviews, and a heavy emphasis on testing early and often.
You should be able to work independently, mentor others and be a highly contributing member of an agile team. She/he has excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, with a successful track record of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The position is located in Pleasanton, CA. We are looking for a hands-on senior engineer with a passion for developing our Student Cloud solution.
Candidate will be responsible for:
* Delivering large-scale projects on-time with high quality.
* Guiding developers in day-to-day design and coding tasks
* Design, Development and implementation of projects.
* Working closely with Product Architects, Product Managers, Quality Assurance, and other development teams.
* Developing frameworks using Core Java & J2EE technologies including web services, servlets.
* Participating in code reviews
* Engaging actively in developing technical designs
* Keeping abreast of the latest technologies (including Oracle technologies) and assimilating them into the product suites
* Pro-actively mentoring and keeping track of team mates' progress
* Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process
* Well rounded full stack developer with exposure to all layers of application and development. Advanced UI development skills using js frameworks is preferred
* Excellent product development skills - designing, coding, and debugging skills in Java, J2EE
* Experience of database design/modelling, knowledge of RDBMS concepts is required
* Experience of 5 plus years in product development is required.
* Experience with cloud platforms, cloud technologies/deployments
* Extensive experience in Java technologies like JSP, Servlets, Web services, REST etc.
* Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, GWT, Spring MVC)
* Experience developing web UI's using Java Script libraries and/or frameworks (jQuery, Angular, etc)
* Thorough understanding of OO principles
* Experience in higher education product/domain or Fusion Tech Stack (Jdeveloper, , OJET, ADF) will be preferred
* Excellent analysis and prioritization skills
* Self-starter, able to deliver projects on time meeting high quality standards
* Aggressive, ability to find solutions
* Effective communication skills (written and spoken) and strong problem solving skills
Creative, analytical, adaptive, good team player, committed to quality, self-motivated
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.