How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a DevOps Linux System Administrator to work with a team at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The position will provide installation, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Linux servers, hardware and virtual, working with Cloud (AWS), configuration management tools (i.e Puppet) and related technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Building, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications
* System backups and restoration
* User support
* Documentation of system architecture and processes
* Documentation of end user instructions
Education / Work Experience:
B.S./B.A. in a STEM discipline or Business with at least 8 years of experience that demonstrate technical, communication and development skills. May substitute experience for education.
* In depth knowledge of Linux with a focus on Redhat/CentOS, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and administration.
* Strong knowledge of virtualization (VMWare, Docker, OpenStack, etc.)
* Practical experience with supporting Linux in Amazon Cloud (AWS).
* Strong in configuration management practices and related tools such as Puppet, Git, Packer, Rundeck.
* Strong knowledge of Storage Technology, both local and hosted, including design, implementation, maintenance, upgrade / transition planning and execution.
* Strong knowledge of NFS
* Experience with LDAP and/or Active Directory
* Experience with networking (Troubleshooting, DNS, protocols, hardware and software)
* Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both public licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools
* Scripting experience such as shell, python, php, etc.
* Experience working with a trouble ticketing system (i.e. Jira, Remedy)
* Excellent user interface / interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with hardware running Linux operating systems.
* Ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers
* Ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions
* Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti and Ganglia
* Ability to work independently
The work will be done in Pasadena CA
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 140283BR 140283
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.