How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is seeking a Senior Cloud Automation Engineer to join our IT Managed Services Team within Raytheon's IIS Business Unit.
The individual selected for this role will be responsible for achieving operational targets that impact department results, creating, operating and maintaining automation capabilities in the context of a commercial cloud environment. The individual must be able to operate in a dynamic, high performing team environment and must be able to interface with service consumers who have skill levels from novice to expert. The individual's tasks will require deep understanding of infrastructure services in the context of a both the commercial cloud environment and its integration within a highly-secure large-scale enterprise network.
* Cloud computing service provisioning Amazon Web Services
* Administrator usage of Amazon Web Services, specifically EC2, EBS, S3, CloudFormation, VPC, KMS, IAM
* Container technology experience (e.g. Docker)
* Diverse Operating Systems system administration (Microsoft Windows, Linux, etc.)
* Infrastructure as Code experience (e.g. Terraform, Chef)
* Agile Software Development practices
* Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software package deployment
* DevOps (including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
* Networking in a cloud environment
* Service operations monitoring
* Ability to translate concepts and ideas into technical solutions and high level architectures
* Ability to translate technical solutions and high level architectures into concepts and ideas
* MUST BE A US Citizen
* 8+ years of related experience
* Amazon Web Services GovCloud region experience
* Terraform experience
* Docker experience
* Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) experience
* Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, KanBan, ScrumBan)
* Security policy monitoring and enforcement (e.g. NIST 800-53 controls)
* AWS Certifications
* Architected and developed a high-performance environments
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; OR 8 additional years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
CO - Aurora
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.