Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a DevOps Linux System Administrator to work with a team of System Administrators supporting customers located at Raytheon as well as at the customer site at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Job duties include all aspects of system administration including installation, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Linux servers, both hardware and virtual.
The System Administrator will be responsible for disk storage devices, SAN and NAS devices, and network equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* building, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications
* system backups and restoration
* user support
* documentation of system architecture and processes
* documentation of end user instructions
Education / Work Experience:
B.S./B.A. with at least 6 years of system administration experience using Linux that demonstrates technical, communication and development skills. May substitute experience for education.
* In depth knowledge of Linux with a focus on Redhat/CentOS, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and administration
* Strong knowledge of Storage Technology, both local and hosted, including design, implementation, maintenance, upgrade / transition planning and execution.
* Strong knowledge of NFS
* Experience with LDAP and/or Active Directory
* Experience with networking (Troubleshooting, DNS, protocols, hardware and software)
* Strong knowledge of virtualization (VMWare, Docker, OpenStack, etc.)
* Strong in configuration management practices and related tools such as Puppet, Git, Packer.
* Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both public licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools
* Scripting experience such as shell and php
* Experience with a trouble ticketing system
* Experience with Amazon and/or Microsoft Cloud
* Excellent user interface / interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills
* Experience supporting Microsoft Windows computing environments.
* Experience with hardware running Linux or Windows operating systems.
* Ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers
* Ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions
* Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti and Ganglia
* Ability to work independently
The work will be done in Pasadena CA
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
138212BR 138212 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.