Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a Ground System Engineer to provide system engineering support to software development activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Participate in ground system and operations software development lifecycle activities, including requirements management, V&V and training activities
* Develop Ground and Mission Operations documentation including technical presentations
* Participate in the design and execution of the Integrated Ground V&V campaign
* Support Configuration Management of ground and operations products
* Support development of task plans and schedules
* Support program milestones
* Interface with customer and subcontractors
* Use DOORs in support of systems engineering activities
* Use ground software in support of mission operations activities
The position requires an active U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, EE, CS, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
* Experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas: mission operations systems, ground data systems, end-to-end information systems (EEIS), system verification and validation (V&V), and system-level integration and test (I&T)
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
* Ability to work independently
* Direct experience in DoD systems engineering lifecycle
* Knowledge and experience in applicable DoD policies and procedures pertaining to Ground Systems and Mission Operations
* Experience in working external technical interfaces
* Experience in testing ground software
* Experience in Linux and Python
The work will performed in Pasadena CA
This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
141038 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.