Invitae is looking for DevOps Engineers to help support our new and existing web-based applications and high performance computing operations. Our DevOps Engineers work closely with Software, Systems and Site Reliability Engineers. They assist with development work, code deployments and operational support for new and existing services and applications. Candidates should be able to perform functions required to deploy, configure, support and troubleshoot issues with web application environments hosted on premise and in the cloud.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who is prepared to develop and maintain a containerized environment that hosts a variety of web services and applications.
What you'll do:
* Work closely with developers to continually build and refine our software platform
* Relentlessly look for ways to simplify and automate our environment
* Build scalable solutions that anticipate growth and performance needs
* Collaborate with Systems Engineers to help improve our infrastructure
* Work closely with Site Reliability Engineering to help deploy applications
* Partner with Information Security team to prevent and remediate security issues
* Participate in response to incidents including creating fixes and improving systems
* Troubleshoot complex requests and issues quickly and effectively
* Identify opportunities for improved monitoring and alerting to identify issues early
* Take feature requests from business partners, prioritize and implement as appropriate
What you bring:
* Strong experience in DevOps or related field
* Experience deploying to and managing Amazon Web Services
* Experience with service and application provisioning, deployment and orchestration
* Affinity for an open workplace that encourages learning, cooperation and teamwork
* Capable of embracing and following guidance from team members
* Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Preferred: Experience with container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Rancher)
* Preferred: Experience with provisioning and orchestration tools (Terraform, Salt)
* Preferred: Strong software and cloud computing security skills
At Invitae, you'll work alongside some of the world's experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we're changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
InVitae provides genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders.