Invitae is a healthcare technology company with a mission to empower doctors and patients to use genetic information to make informed medical decisions at all life stages. We are looking for individuals seeking to play a key role in driving the expansion of our genomic platform capabilities. We work with teams across the company to build and optimize lab, bioinformatics, and software-driven solutions that work seamlessly to deliver genetic insight to patients at scale.
The Laboratory Information Management Software (LIMS) product owner's focus is to ensure our software meets the needs of our laboratory operations and stakeholders. As the product owner, you are the primary stakeholder that executes the product vision, communicates between software development teams and our users, define software requirements with occasional mockups, removes blockers and facilitates efficient development. You will also collaborate cross-functionally and provide your expertise and understanding of LIMS to help shape the requirements of complex projects.
Here are some examples of what our Agile Product Owners do:
* Empathize and develop a deep understanding of the needs of our stakeholders and discover non-obvious needs
* Be proactive and solve potential problems before the issues impact the team
* Work collaboratively to suggest a solution when we want to launch a new product or improve our automated lab workflows. This process involves synthesizing input from a range of stakeholders to define the core feature set and designing any needed software tools.
* Understand requests and trade-offs for launching features as well as negotiate and compromise in order to drive a solution forward.
* Provide expertise and work cross-functionally with the program team, lab, and engineers to launch a new genetic test.
* Design is the beginning of the process but our job doesn't end there. We participate in evaluation, quality testing, and internal support of lab processes and software used in the clinical pipeline.
* Our mission is to bring high quality genetic information into mainstream medical care. We are constantly looking for opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
Who you are:
* 3+ years of prior experience in product or program management on an agile software development team.
* Experience analyzing business requirements within a laboratory environment preferred.
* Ability to gather complex software requirements, write user stories, and translate into a detailed execution plan
* Ability to effectively communicate across all departments across the organization from highly technical development staff to executive stakeholders
* Familiarity with tools such as Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, and Balsamiq.
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills - including the ability to map out components of a project and create an estimated timeline for the work.
* Ability to integrate information from multiple sources, make a decision, and develop & execute.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish solid relationships and elicit cooperation from a variety of stakeholders
* Flexible to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines; able to promptly and efficiently react to project adjustments and changes
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
InVitae provides genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders.