What you'll be doing:
In this role, you will work with our DevOps team to automate all aspects of our cloud and on premise infrastructure. You will be responsible for building and maintaining our infrastructure, as well as our system automation, while adhering to our Infrastructure as Code philosophy. As a DevOps Engineer, we expect you be passionate about the cloud, Linux, and automating yourself out of a job. In return, we will continue to develop your professional skills and support your own career growth to set you up for long term success.
Your core priorities will be to:
* Build and support on premises infrastructure for complex web applications
* Collaborate with the team to help set the architectural direction and implement parts of system projects
* Maintain an AWS cloud infrastructure in a flexible, international environment
* Implement server and server cluster best practices such as security, OS patching, networking, code deployment, and configuration management
* Provide tier 2 support to Operations in a 24x7 on call environment
* Focus on systems automation on a day to day basis
What you should have:
* 3+ years of Unix / Linux systems administration in a production environment
* Familiarity with Configuration Management tools (Chef, CFEngine, or similar)
* Experience implementing and maintaining a managed production environment
* Working knowledge of Bash, Perl, Ruby and/or Python scripting
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware
* Understanding of web technologies and protocols
* Networking experience, including but not limited to routing, VLANs, TCP/IP, tcpdump, load balancing and Netflow
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines
* Professional exposure to PostgreSQL or other relational databases
* Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers
* Ruby or Ruby on Rails knowledge
About our team:
We work in a mixed infrastructure environment, leveraging both co-location facilities and AWS for our production environments. Our tech stack is: Ruby on Rails, Go, Postgres, and Debian/Ubuntu Linux. Our DevOps team works with AWS, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, VMware, and Jenkins. While experience with these specific technologies is a bonus, it is not required for the role. By automating the infrastructure, our DevOps team supports all of our services developed by our Software Engineering Team and run by our Technical Operations Team.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life's short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova's best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you'd expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Enova is a multinational company based in the U.S. that uses technology to develop innovative financial products and services for individuals and businesses.