We are a former real estate startup, acquired by CBRE in 2017. Our group develops unique and sophisticated products that are used globally to provide better data, better workflows, and (most importantly) better experiences.
We are uniquely positioned within the organization to access data, tools, resources, and leaders throughout the industry. We have the stability of secure backing and the freedom to explore and experiment to develop leading-edge products. For more information about our team, please visit https://www.cbrebuild.com/nyc
Our New York team currently has a team of 15+ full-stack engineers. All our web applications are cloud-native and live either in Heroku Enterprise or AWS. Outside of our team, CBRE Digital and Technology operations is moving from on-prem to cloud and waterfall to Agile. Our team is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to own three main areas:
* Thought leader: Drive the design of the application infrastructure in NYC and exert influence over the global CBRE Digital and Technology group with expertise in best practices, standards, and modern technologies for devops/SRE engineering.
* Management: Hire and lead a small NYC-based team of devops engineers
* Implementation: Be ready to jump into the weeds with deployment scripts, monitoring, maintaining infrastructure, etc.
* Work with software engineers to teach and grow their devops knowledge and skill.
* Take responsibility for the performance, availability, reliability, and security of the applications developed by the NYC team.
* Be a technical contact for internal groups across the company and external hosting providers
* Design and build new infrastructure stacks as we add new products
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field such as information systems, mathematics, or computer science or equivalent work experience
* Typically 3-5 years of relevant experience
* Excellent communication skills: capable of explaining complex technical concepts using non-technical terms
* Cross-functional collaboration: you can work with and influence others not in your direct organization
* You don't just learn how things work, you also like to know why
* Self-motivated and curious, crafty and driven
* 5+ years of UNIX/Linux systems operation (Deep experience with Linux system administration)
* 3+ years of experience in Operations, Infrastructure or pure DevOps practice
* 3+ years of cloud infrastructure (preferably using AWS)
Some technologies we useInfrastructure: AWS, Terraform, New Relic, Appdynamics, Ansible, Packer
Application: Node, Angular, React, CouchDB
Why work at CBRE Build NYC?
* Great team - Diverse. Smart. Nice. We like to always keep learning.
* High impact - We're a small team with a global reach in a trillion dollar industry.
* Growth and development - We invest in employee development. Time to explore. Machine shop with a laser cutter and 3D printer. Funding for education, conferences, etc.
* Benefits - Unlimited vacation. Flexible work hours. Work life balance. Health, vision, dental for employees and their dependents. 401k plan with a 3% match.
Learn more at: http://www.floored.com/
CBRE Group is a real estate services and investment company.