The Development Operations Engineer is responsible for researching, designing, building and maintaining the automation tools and infrastructure needed to successfully move products from development through QA to client deployment, including source control administration, build maintenance, software deployment, server and database administration.
Open to filling in other locations
* Develop and provide ongoing maintenance for programs, tools and processes to automate tasks surrounding the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
* Troubleshoot complex environment, software, and workflow problems.
* Perform all tasks related to system, database and software administration on Development, and QA servers.
* Install, maintain and administer all servers and software related to development activities, including backups, OS and Software upgrades.
* Provide application and systems support to Development and QA staff.
* Assist other departments and teams, such as Development and Support with system, database, technology and deployment issues.
* Attend industry seminars and training to develop an understanding of emerging technologies.
* Utilize department and company procedures and tools to complete the reporting and tracking requirements in support of the SDLC.
* Create, use and maintain technical documentation on a variety of platforms including Confluence.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
* Three years of experience in either development operations, software development or system administration.
* Experience in software build and deployment a plus.
* Experience with build tools such as MSBuild, Node, NPM, and/or NAnt preferred.
* Experience in server and server virtualization administration.
* Experience working with AWS and Azure a plus.
* Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Visual Studio, VS Code.
* Experience working with and administration of databases, preferably SQL Server.
* Ability to research complex technological problems, formulate recommendations, and build technically sound and scalable solutions.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Must be able to learn new technology independently and quickly.
Perks and Benefits
* Supportive, open-minded leaders who will help you put your talents to work to grow your career with like-minded co-workers committed to your success
* Competitive salaries, Medical, Vision and Dental benefits, 15% discounted stock purchase plan, 401K retirement and tuition reimbursement programs, 3 weeks of vacation to start.
* Open and collaborative work space, casual dress code, game rooms, flexible work hours
* On premise fitness center, free Starbucks coffee and soda, and a café.
* Monthly social events and other company sponsored outings, promoting a positive work/life balance
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a company that provides integrated information management solutions and services for the public sector, with a focus on local governments.