Developer/Programmer Job ID: 2019-22719
Port Jefferson Station, NY
Altice Technical Services is a business entity within the Altice family of companies. Altice Technical Services is a first of its kind national services organization capable of deploying and implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.
The Developer supports and maintain existing in-house web, database and custom technology applications. Develops new on-line web applications and/or database table structures to support process automation and applications for ATS. Design, develop, implement and maintain processes and supporting systems that provide a quality customer service experience and achieve sustainable operating results. Obtain the support of cross-functional business teams and translate these applications and improvements to benefit their organizations as appropriate. The incumbent must be sufficiently knowledgeable of software capabilities to achieve these results.
With limited management guidance, develop, maintain and support applications and end users of systems and processes to ensure continual, efficient operation. Delivers assigned tasks using appropriate project management methodologies. Supports the communication of project status to ATS management. Develops on-line web applications or database table structures to support web applications. Development responsibilities include database development, middleware development, code maintenance, Reporting integration, legacy systems integration, rapid software development and prototyping, hosting support and server management, mobile application and integration. Maintains multiple web applications, reports and databases. Identifies opportunities to optimize programs and create operational efficiencies. Support ATS user community and troubleshoot issues that may arise in the daily operation of automated processes. The user community includes, but is not limited to, ATS Field Operations/OSP/ISP and Dispatch, both Optimum and SDL. Based on user input, enhance or develop procedures for a variety of software applications. Facilitate the automation and web based access of processes within Network Management and other impacted functions. This includes the development of user forms, queries, reports and user documentation. Provide analytical and administrative support as required, including analyzing data, performing ad-hoc analysis and data mining. Collaborate with functional and corporate departments to resolve business challenges related to process improvement. Complete special projects and provide management support as required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 3-5 years related experience required.
* Expertise in several of the following relational database languages and tools consisting of but not limited to Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, MYSQL, SQL Query, PostgreSQL, ODBC, MS SQL Server, DOS Batch files, VB scripting, SQL Plus or TOAD.
* Expertise in several programming languages techniques and operating systems consisting of, but not limited to C, UNIX, Windows, JAVA, AJAX, XML, HTML, ASP, PHP or Visual Basic.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills, along with the aptitude to recognize, evaluate, and present opportunities for improvement in operational performance and efficiency.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment both on an individual basis and with a team.
* Experience in project management lifecycle including stages of requirements, design, development and implementation of custom applications.
* Experience in understanding and deep experience in working with database driven websites using dynamic languages.
* Experience developing intuitive interfaces and a good understanding of mobile content.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment with little supervision. Ability to QA own work.
* Good understanding of how APIs work.
* Strong knowledge of administrative Windows-based computer software, including Microsoft word, excel, power point, and MS Outlook
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Altice Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company.