Linux Systems Administrator Job ID: 2019-22611
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Linux Systems Administrator designs, implements and supports the Linux server environments for both internal and external projects. He/She works closely with the technical team leads to develop and implement new policy initiatives and best practice guidelines.
* Design, manage, maintain, and document both internal and customer Linux environments
* Write and review technical specifications for Linux based environment
* Resolve performance, security and reliability issues with production Unix environments
* Configuration and support for Cisco UCS environment
* Test Linux hardware and software to verify conformance to the configuration design
* Development, maintenance and management of monitoring systems and tools
* Development, maintenance and management of applications that support our Internal Unix infrastructure and services
* Provide third-level client support
* Participate in the overall design and management of the internal network environment
* Write system automation programs using Perl and shell or other scripting languages
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering or demonstrated equivalent work experience
* Minimum of Five (5) years of experience including as a Linux administrator in a datacenter or ISP environment
* Cisco Data Center experience
* VMware Hypervisor with vCenter 5.x and 6.x experience
* Proficiency with Cisco UCS blade and server and Dell server hardware
* Advanced knowledge of UNIX operating systems (RedHat Linux, CentOS 7, Solaris)
* Proficiency with scripting languages (Perl, Shell (sh, bash, ksh, csh))
* Proficiency with hardware configuration, software installation and configuration, system operation and fault discovery/resolution. Expert troubleshooting skills.
* Experience with TCP/IP network administration.
* Strong knowledge of high-availability / DR solutions
* Working Knowledge of Cisco 7K and 9K switches and configuration
* Cisco Data Center Certification; Red Hat Certification; System Security Certifications preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
About Altice Usa
Altice USA is a national telecommunication, media and entertainment company.