Sr Systems Engineer/DevOps Engineer Job ID: 2019-22612
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
We are seeking an Application/DevOps Engineer with production operations experience in a demanding 24X7 high availability environment. The DevOps Engineer will build, configure, and maintain IT infrastructure, systems and advanced tooling to automate processes and streamline CI/CD (continuous integration & continuous delivery) and deployments. This person will also need to understand the application maintenance, operations management and system security best practices, along with production support needs of various departments. This person will be responsible for implementing and supporting automation tools (e.g. SVN, Jenkins, Ansible) to automate the code release process and increase productivity and infrastructure integrity, with a strong focus on security and application and web server(JBoss, Tomcat, Apache) installs.
Performs other duties as assigned.
* Degree in Computer Science, CIS or equivalent work experience is required.
* Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
* Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
* 5+ years of experience in a system administration/engineering position with Linux, Unix and some Window Servers.
* Demonstrated proficiency in network administration (DNS, VIPs, SSL Certs, Load balancing, and VPN).
* Strong web experience dealing with production websites that host over 1 Million customers.
* Strong experience with AWS, VMware and local datacenter infrastructure.
* Familiarity with best security practices for application hardening, including web servers
* Strong experience in java based application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss and container based technology.
* Strong experience in web servers such as Apache, Nginx and Varnish.
* Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git.
* Strong experience with CI/CD using automated deployment tools.
* Experience with at least one of the following programming/scripting languages (Java, Python, Bash).
* Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible, uDeploy, Puppet or Chef.
* Knowledge of best practices in release management with Jenkins or Bamboo.
* Experience with monitoring solutions such as Nagios, appDynamics, Splunk, New Relic, etc.
* Experience with SQL and working knowledge of Cassandra DB preferred.
* Experience with one of the following CMS (Drupal, WordPress, ).
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
* Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
* Team player who is required to participate in an on call rotation (includes evenings, weekends and occasional holidays).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
About Altice Usa
Altice USA is a national telecommunication, media and entertainment company.