Search for more jobs
Developer/Analyst - Service Management Applications
* Job: 20886-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
Problem solver needed. The Business Applications Department at MathWorks is looking for a developer to join our team to support business applications for Enterprise Service Management (ESM/ITSM), Project Management, Facilities Management, and Reporting.
* Development and support of enhancements to packaged applications and platforms from Cherwell, ServiceNow/Nuvolo, Atlassian/Jira, Workfront, and FM Systems.
* Implementation of vendor delivered features as part of upgrades or the addition of new business functions.
* Development of integrations between systems to improve data management and business process efficiency.
* Development of custom solutions to meet specific business needs.
* Collaborate with product owners, user experience staff, and quality engineers to define and build optimal solutions for end users.
* Support of business area reporting needs by developing ETL routines and data models to support reporting in Business Objects, Power BI, or Tableau.
* General responsibilities:
* Participate in SCRUM and Agile methods to ensure appropriate work planning
* Ensure code quality and participate in and lead code reviews
* Creative problem solving to address end user needs and resolve application issues.
* Escalation point for troubleshooting, support, and maintenance for the systems.
* Experience with SQL
* Demonstrated experience in/with software development
* A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Proven ability to design and build solutions that meet end users' needs
* Works collaboratively and follows through on assignments
* Adaptable to new processes, methodologies and technologies
* Self-directed and self-motivated
* Willingness and ability to take on more challenging assignments
* Prior experience with Business Objects, Power BI
* Prior experience with Jira, ServiceNow, Cherwell
* Familiarity with ITSM processes
* Prior experience supporting and configuring packaged apps
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.