As a Developer Advocate, you will be at the heart of our growing platform team, acting as a technologist and as a voice for our global developer community. You'll be expected to use your considerable technical skills, cross-organizational relationship building abilities, project management chops, and data analysis capabilities to become an influential and indispensable member of the team. Success in this role is measured by SLAs for responding to questions from developers, partners, your ability to deliver high quality and helpful educational resources, the ability to effectively prioritize your time to meet milestones you may own within a larger team project, and achievement of those goals agreed to by you and your manager.
In this role you'll get to:
* Help educate and support our customers as they develop applications or incorporate HubSpot's API's into their everyday workflows
* Act as a go-to technical resource for our platform partners through professional interactions and support efforts such as phone calls, architecture reviews, or webinars
* Work with your peers on the Developer Relations Team to build out the resources necessary to ensure a delightful developer experience - this can come in the form of documentation, walkthroughs, sample apps or open source projects
* Work in a high-growth environment, where no day is the same and you'll have the ability to select your own projects within the teams' overall quarterly and yearly goals
We are looking for people who:
* Have top-notch analytical skills, and can quickly identify the root cause of issues by digging through API call logs, source code, or making Looker and SQL queries
* Are comfortable prioritizing multiple streams of work and can manage a large technical project with guidance from senior team members
* Have experience communicating directly with customers, product and engineering teams, and has proven examples of how they worked together to solve for the customer
* Have a demonstrated ability to teach themselves difficult concepts or skills
* Like to build engaged communities through writing, taking technical concepts and making them approachable and easy for developers to get started building with HubSpot
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we'd love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world's small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We're headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot's use of your personal information.
HubSpot provides a cloud-based marketing and sales software platform.