What are your favorite memories? How do you recall them? How do you tell stories to others? To yourself? How do you keep your most precious memories safe? These are the ideas that inspire us at Amazon Photos. Our goal is to be the simplest, most natural connection to your memories, and we are rapidly growing to do it. The Amazon Photos Design and Research team is dedicated to being the best-in-class customer experience within this highly visual, emotive, and personal space.
You are a design leader who is obsessed with memories and storytelling and can lead a team to craft engaging, elegantly usable experiences and interactions for our Photos customers, there is no better opportunity -anywhere on earth- than this one.
You are a seasoned, highly-skilled design leader with a track record of delivering elegant, elevated solutions for large-scale web, mobile and desktop customer experiences. This role requires understanding of all aspects of the UX design process; along with excellent problem-solving, relationship and communication skills. Your experience demonstrates the ability to balance your passion for inspired, compelling, elegant designs with real-world business needs, and a drive to build and deliver.
As the Design Manager, you'll be a thought leader for the User Experience of Amazon Photos. You'll have the opportunity to think and act big, exercising continuous innovation and a bias for action, coupled with thoughtful experimentation. You will partner with leaders to provide vision and direction-setting to a team of visual and UX designers. Your primary goal will be to ensure an unparalleled customer experience that enables our customers to save, access and share their memories in the most elegant, efficient, and enjoyable ways possible.
* Lead new creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices; drive the direction, style, and methodology of design and accessibility.
* Champion cohesion and consistency in UX design that unites a growing family of purchasing features, while continuing to nurture and evangelize a fervent culture of invention and innovation.
* Lead cross-team conceptual development; be a strategic thought leader in how to implement unmatched experiences that represent the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology.
* Foster Amazon's culture and principles within the group while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
* Recruit, assess, hire, develop, and retain an organization of outstanding UX personnel.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.