What you'll be doing...
* Implementing, upgrading, administering, and maintaining couchbase, Cassandra, oracle databases in the Commercial Data Systems (CDS) organization.
* Build and successfully integrate complex, multi-terabyte, OLTP and Data Warehousing databases with minimal supervision.
* Ensure optimal database performance through exhaustive pre-service testing and ongoing real-time monitoring.
* Troubleshoot issues to resolution.
* Maintain database security and enterprise policy guidelines according to best practices.
* Document business and technical requirements.
* Perform on-call duties as assigned on a rotational basis.
* Occasional overnight travel to other company work locations as required.
* Proficient in Python, Ansible, shell, Perl scripting.
* Working knowledge in any one of the following cloud platforms Openstack, AWS, Azure and Google cloud platforms.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related degree..
* Five or more years of DBA experience.
* Three or more years of experience supporting Cassandra database.
* Two or more years of experience supporting Couchbase database.
* One or more years of experience supporting oracle database.
* Five or more years of experience in Linux , sun Solaris Operating system.
* Two or more year of experience in Python, Ansible, Shell programming.
* Strong experience in production system monitoring, patching and replication (High availability).
* Ability to prioritize and support multiple concurrent projects with inputs from multiple groups.
* Ability to work independently with accuracy and attention to details.
* Ability to function in a tight knit team environment and must be willing to work Change Control windows on a very regular basis.
* Supporting knowledge of Mariadb, PostgreSQL.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.