What you'll be doing...
You will be part of the Intelligent Edge Network (IEN) Support Team, focused on developing solutions that drive the success of our bleeding-edge networks and platforms. Utilizing your innovative mindset, you will be part of a team that partners with Planning, Performance, and Engineering to build and run Verizon's new Edge Network. You will develop software solutions that require ingenuity with an emphasis on continuous operational improvement and efficiency.
Python developer responsibilities include:
* Writing and testing code, debugging, and integrating applications with existing platforms to propel Network Operations efficiency and efficacy.
* API driven applications are changing the way that we do operations, and you will design, build, test, and deploy services and APIs that will be integral to the operations toolkit.
* Embrace agile methodologies and demonstrate an aptitude to adapt.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience
* Expertise in one or more Python framework - Django, Flask, Pyramid
* Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
* Knowledge with front-end technologies (JS, HTML5)
* Knowledge of templating languages (Jinja2, Mako, etc.)
* Experience with code versioning tools (Git)
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience and comprehension of design principles needed for scaling applications
* Knowledge with event-driven programming in Python
* Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
* Knowledge of the threading limitations in Python and multi-process architecture
* Problem-solving skills
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.