Database Management Lead, - Oracle Platform
Req #: 190046745
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
What happens when you put your deep experience in database design and management to the test at one of the world's top financial firms? It's time to find out. In this role, you'll lead a talented team, guiding the analysis, design, installation and configuration of large-scale database management systems. You'll own the projects and the processes - from prioritizing tasks and managing scope, to ensuring that all production changes are in line with lifecycle best practices and firm policies. On your best days, you'll uncover innovative ways to automate operations, creating new efficiencies, improving productivity and making life better for your colleagues and our customers. And while the data product is important, this job is also about people. You'll collaborate with some of the best tech minds in the business, sharing knowledge and building a network that spans the globe. In addition to building relationships with other managers and stakeholders, you'll be responsible for coaching and mentoring your less experienced team members, and helping to hire our next generation of technical talent.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Experience architecting, supporting and implementing advanced, strategic database management systems
* Demonstrated ability to drive Agile development and implement automated process to improve database system reliability
* Advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure, with a background in systems and network administration
* Proficiency in multiple business disciplines and functions and knowledge about the firm's strategic direction
* Strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to deliver results and provide good customer experience
* Strong knowledge and hands-on DBA experience with Oracle (database installations, security
management, backup and recovery, performance tuning etc)
* Strong knowledge and hands-on DBA experience with SQL, PL/SQL, and Unix shell Scripting.
* Basic knowledge of other DBMS Systems
CCB (Consumer & Community Banking)
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.