Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges. The OCI Identity Cloud Services group is looking for exceptional database Software professionals to be part of the next generation of Identity Cloud Services (IDCS).
The Team and Product
Identity Cloud Service is a strategic focus for Oracle. Identity Management is already part of the cloud infrastructure for Oracle Public Cloud. We now want to provide Identity Management as a cloud Service enabling our customers to have a seamless Single Sign On experience, managing their users and applications. We are building our Identity Cloud Service platform and service from the ground up and an exceptional user experience is critical to the success of IDCS.
We are seeking accomplished database software professionals who can be part of the "Identity Cloud Services" team. If you are self-driven and have a great combination of coding skills, design skills, performance tuning/troubleshooting and communication skills and have been part of large enterprise class software product development teams, have worked on development of services deployed on the popular Cloud platforms like Oracle Public Cloud, Amazon Web services or Azure then this position is definitely a fit for you.
About the Successful Candidate
The successful candidate is self-motivated, progressive software professional with around 4-9 years of industry experience who can deal with complex problems without supervision. He/She should have had prior experience administering large scale oracle databases preferably Exadata. Bachelors or Master's degree or equivalent experience relevant to the functional area.
* Influence the design, capacity planning tuning and the actual build out of Exadata DB instances
* Ensure the DB system is always up to date and patched to the latest version in an automated fashion
* Develop solutions that ensure DB health check are done in an automated and proactive fashion
* Interact with customers and developers for any priority situations and react/respond timely manner.
* Contribute to the architecture, design and development of data tier for Oracle's next-generation Identity Cloud Service.
* Play a key role in the design of HA/DR solutions for the new Identity cloud service.
* Get involved in Performance, Scalability and Reliability Analysis and database query tuning
* Troubleshoot HA/DR and Database Performance issues on the existing cloud service
* Be part of the on-call roaster
* Work with architects and development managers in requirements specification definition and detailed engineering analysis from data requirements perspective.
* Own database/schema design documentation at component and product level.
* Do design reviews and code reviews for peers and team members.
* Participate in rapid delivery in planning, building, configuring, deploying, monitoring and documenting for Oracle Cloud projects.
* Minimum of 8 years working experience in Database administration activities such as DB provisioning, LCM, patch/upgrade, RMAN backup/recovery and performance troubleshooting.
* Minimum of 4 years working experience in RAC or Oracle Exadata, Data Guard, Golden Gate, etc.
* Strong understanding in database Performance Troubleshooting/Tuning, be skillful in SQL execution plan, AWR, ADDM, ASH,TKPROF, etc reports.
* Full life-cycle product development experience.
* Experience in PL/SQL and SQL Programming.
* Oracle database server 11g/12c concepts and its administration concepts.
* Experience in Unix/Linux Shell and Python scripting.
* Experience in REST API.
* Strong communication and personal skills: work well with members of other functional groups in a project team; demonstrate a strong sense of project ownership
* Exposure to Agile methodology
Other Desirable Skills
1. Experience with identity management domain.
2. Exposure to LDAP based data repository: Active Directory, Oracle Internet Directory etc.
3. Develop designs geared towards massive scalability, and code the core elements of those designs to make adoption faster.
4. Is familiar with both Waterfall and Agile methodology.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.