Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Senior Engineer Productivity position is a hands-on technical role focused on providing an automated production-quality CI/CD pipeline based on modern tools and processes with fast feedback to developers and innovate services that further accelerate developers' productivities.
The goal is to rapidly bring innovative services and feature to market, while also ensuring a world-class quality of service for our customers.
To be successful in this role:
* You have experience in the development, testing and systems automation background.
* You have experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles in the world of cloud-based web applications.
* You are a firm believer in pipeline-as-code.
* You are an idealist who ensures delivery cycles is fully automated E2E.
* You have a desire to reach automation intelligence in the delivery pipeline, to have little human supervision as much as possible.
* And for this specific position, you are uniquely stand out from the herd. You are excited with developing new tools and systems, the latest and greatest open source.
We are looking for a person to take on this technical role within the team. The right candidate will put the customer first and will identify ways to build and run the cloud version of our Fusion Applications, ensuring stability and ability to scale and meeting the needs both of our customers and other technical teams. If you are a team player, are passionate about evolving the solutions with Automation Intelligence that you deliver, and you would like to add a vital component into Fusion Application Oracle leading cloud-hosted architecture, please contact us.
* Implement the next-generation system architecture and automation pipeline solutions.
* Implement and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments.
* Contribute to design of the next-generation tools and systems relating to Engineer Productivity.
* Participate in workshops and provide presentations proposed solution.
* Contribute to the subject matter on Engineer Productivity best practices.
* Perform analysis of best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation.
* Act as a technical liaison between clients, service engineering teams.
* Involve in define business and development processes, platform and tools usage for solutions and delivery of Fusion Application Products.
* Perform profiling, troubleshooting of current solutions.
* Create technical documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Experience with a modern source code control system (ex. Git).
* Breadth and depth knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices.
* Strong expertise in "modern" solution on the cloud with a specialty on Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines.
* Knowledge of Microservices and event-driven design patterns and refactoring concepts.
* Strong understanding of performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis.
* Experienced developing flexible, stable, and scalable large-scale systems is a must.
* Experienced in metrics/analytics, continual learning and improvement of processes/automation based on data-driven analytics.
* Ability to on-board seed systems onto the public/private cloud and provide guidance in the platform evaluation.
* Strong scripting skills (Groovy, Go, Java, or Python) is a must.
* Hands-on working experience of CI, and release engineering tools (Jenkins/Hudson/Spinnaker, Maven/Gradle) is a must.
* Experience with monitoring system such as Prometheus, Grafana, or related.
* Hands-on working experience of automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications (Nomad, or Kubernetes) is a must.
* Hands-on working experience in configuration management (Consul, Netflix Eureka, or Spring Cloud Config) is a must.
* Experience working with secrets service (Vault, or Keys management system) is a must.
* Hands-on working experience in the binary management system (Artifactory) is a must.
* Hands-on working experience in developing/deploying Microservices is a must.
* Hands-on working experience in infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, Chef, or Ansible) is a must.
* Hands-on working experience of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, AWS or Azure is a must.
* Hands-on working experience of Docker and related technology is a must.
* 3 years of experience in design and implementation of automation (tooling, testing, build & release).
* 2 years of experience in working on large-scale systems integration.
* 3 years of experience in implementation of DevOps on the cloud or premise.
* Experience in developing and delivering (internal/external) products in Java, Python, Go, NodeJS technologies is a plus.
* Experience or knowledge in big data and/or Machine Learning is a plus.
Professional Skill Requirements
* Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
* Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
* Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent self-starter and a go-getter.
* Sharp troubleshooting skills, problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Fluent verbal and written English.
* BS/MS (MS preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Fusion Application Operation organization, your focus is to provide a centralized "modern" DevOps solution on the cloud to the Oracle Fusion Applications and develop tooling that further accelerates our developers' productivity. This involves resolving technical questions regarding the use of the platform and help with troubleshooting any pipeline environment issues.
As a Senior Engineer Productivity, you are expected to be a member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving complex (often previously unknown), critical client issues. Performing the assigned duties with a medium level of autonomy and reporting to management on client status and technical matters regularly.
Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in the area of specialization. Because of client interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with the client on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of satisfaction. Both a Bachelor and a Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience before taking this position.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and protected veterans' status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.