Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Degree level (BS/MS/PhD): BS/MS
* Major(s): Computer Science and/or Engineering, Data Science
* Programming languages: good working knowledge of Python
* Tools, software, etc: Linux and/or Windows operating system with their tools, GitHub, gdb
* Preferred coursework: Has completed relevant courses such as Database, Data Structures, one or more programming languages
* Other qualifications:
* Open source development experience
* good working knowledge of databases in general (Oracle preferred)
* good working knowledge of numpy and pandas (and other data science modules) is a plus
* knowledge of the Python/C Database API (creating extension modules) is a plus
* Must possess good analytical, problem solving skills and be methodical solving complex problems.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.