Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Financial Analyst - FP&A Systems Data Warehouse Administrator role is responsible for data integrity across Division reporting systems, ensuring successful project integrations and process improvements. This covers the Division product hierarchy, customer accounts and report reconciliations. The position requires good business partnering skills and collaboration with project teams and FP&A business partners.
* Develops strong knowledge of the Division product hierarchies and uses expertise to maintain the product hierarchy data integrity between financial reporting systems.
* Evaluates and maintains revenue and standard cost data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Hyperion Planning and Corporate Management Reporting (CMR).
* Month-end close duties include loading adjustments to Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and system reconciliations.
* Collaborates with FP&A business partners and Project Teams located in the Northern America region to optimize data integrity, support implementation of project changes and process improvements.
* Uses proper and timely communication with FP&A business partners and Project Teams to influence the desired outcome and to keep stakeholders informed.
* Uses analytical skills to review and address user questions and issues relating to data integrity and reconciliations between reporting systems.
* Partners with various functions and divisions to understand and drive completing of project requirements, and provide projects updates to the broader community.
* Partners with IT to ensure alignment and provide validation on systems updates.
* Additional tasks as assigned.
* 3+ years experience in systems, accounting, finance, consolidations.
* Proficient in MS Excel. (VLOOKUP's, Pivots, etc.).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Natural bias towards continuous improvement. Exposure to PPI/Kaizen methodologies is considered an advantage.
* Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
* Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously. ERP experience (E1, JDE, SAP) a plus.
* Experience with BI tools such as IBM Cognos a plus.
* Experience with Python or other programming languages a plus.
* Experience with PowerBI or other data visualization tools a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.