Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Chelmsford
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Technical Support Specialist is part of the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) which unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals - quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most - delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives. The position resides in Chelmsford, MA.
How will you make an impact?
The Technical Support Specialist II serves as a member of the team providing technical assistance to customers, sales channel and marketing personnel for Thermo Fisher's Water Analysis business. You may act as group leader for a team of Technical support specialists whose responsibility is to support customers with water quality analysis systems. You will gain in-depth knowledge and expertise in water quality measurement and support critical markets such as biotechnology, pharmaceutical, power generation and water treatment. Join our team and help our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
What will you do?
* Provide technical assistance to our customers who are measuring water quality to the highest standards
* Learn about water quality and products used to measure aspects of water quality
* Develop in-depth knowledge and become a point person with expertise in products, applications, and markets. Monitor, document, and analyze specific customer experiences arising in connection with our products
* Provide technical assistance in connection with the development and production of Water Analysis products and information (product manuals, guides, training material, etc.)
* Interface with Thermo Fisher colleagues sharing your expertise as required, maintaining product quality and promoting customer satisfaction
* Act as a primary interface between Customer Service and Engineering on specific product performance
* Learn and use process improvement methods and approaches to improve customer experience and learn to learn to use our Customer Allegiance program
How will you get here?
* BS in Chemistry, science, or engineering
* One to Three years of technical experience required. Water quality preferred
* Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for customer issues
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work and lead in a team environment
* Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Relocation budget has not been approved for this role.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.