At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the role
Time Series analysis is central to Uber in many ways:
* accurate forecasts are essential for informed decision making
* prompt detection of anomalies insures reliability
* short-term automated forecasting powers optimization
To accomplish these goals, the Forecasting and Anomaly Detection Platform develops state-of-the art Machine Learning techniques and deploys them as scalable tools. Active areas of research for us are Hierarchical Forecasting, Deep Learning, Bayesian Forecasting, Probabilistic Programming, as well as developing novel statistical models.
Our work helps creating technology that insures the Uber experience is always excellent.
A sample of our team's work can be found in
* M4 Forecasting Competition: Introducing a New Hybrid ES-RNN Model
* Forecasting at Uber: An Introduction
* Omphalos, Uber's Parallel and Language-Extensible Time Series Backtesting Too
* Engineering Uncertainty Estimation in Neural Networks for Time Series Prediction at Uber
* Engineering Extreme Event Forecasting at Uber with Recurrent Neural Networks
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
* Push the envelope on what can be done in the realm of time series and anomaly detection, by actively researching and developing the next generation algorithms. Implement these methodologies in a rapidly growing platform designed for broad adoption and ease of use.
* Partner with experienced scientists and engineers in building first-class products
What you'll need
* A graduate degree or equivalent in a quantitative domain (e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science)
* 3+ years of delivering, scaling, and owning highly successful and innovative data science products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished
* Deep knowledge of statistical principles and Machine Learning methods. Previous experience in time series forecasting and anomaly detection is a plus
* Demonstrable proficiency in writing production level code (Python, Go, R preferred) and understanding programming concepts, combined with the enthusiasm and passion to build.
* Employees are given Uber credits every month.
* The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
* Smart, engaged co-workers.
* 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
* Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
* Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.