At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Sr. Security Analyst - Incident Response will perform the computer incident response function of the UBER-Security Intrusion & Response team. This analyst will work closely with the SRI Managers to execute the strategic vision for the team and help mature a constantly evolving computer network defense program. This analyst provides procedural expertise on a day-to-day basis, and is responsible being responsive and timely in analyzing & responding to critical events.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Respond to threats within our corporate, production and advanced technology center environments
* Execute on incident response plans, identify root cause and drive mitigations to prevent future occurrences
* Mentor and provide guidance to junior team members in technical detection and response best practice
* Identify and execute on projects that improve our intrusion detection and incident response capabilities
* Refine incident response procedures. Improve existing and create new investigation & remediation workflows - automation, context and orchestration as code
* Be part of Uber's first line of defense. We handle active security events and cutting-edge threats from a variety of sources, you will be part of a 24/7 oncall rotation
* Assist in mitigating future threats and closing gaps through analysis of recurring incident trends - maintain incident metrics and assist in reporting to leadership
What You'll Need
* Advanced understanding and experience in Incident Response and associated best practices
* Experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world threats
* An understanding of the current threat landscape and adversary tactic, techniques and procedures (TTP's)
* Strong cross-functional orchestration skills
* The ability to lead through influence
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of enterprise-scale security technologies and capabilities to include SIEM, log analysis, incident case management, HIDS/NIDS, antivirus, full packet capture, malware analysis, firewall, remote forensics, user behavior analytics
* Strong continuous process design and improvement skills
* Knowledge of Linux, Windows, and OS X operating systems
* Knowledge of network and host-based forensic methodologies
About the Team
The Threat Response: Security Response team is crucial in defense of UBER's computing environment. A Security Response Analyst must be agile, willing to learn, and think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape. This sr-career position provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending UBER from current and future cyber threats. Enjoy coming in every day to "fight for the user"; knowing your work is critical in the defense of UBER and our users.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.