Our vision is to build an experience to allow users to complete the entire travel lifecycle in one app. Since November 2016, Airbnb has launched multiple businesses to augment our accommodations business (e.g. Experiences, Restaurants, Airbnb Plus, Luxury) and expects to continue scaling up the number of verticals to address gaps in our travel ecosystem.
The Trip Platform team provides efficient integration solutions that support our existing and future businesses; making it easier for Airbnb to launch new products and lower maintenance costs. The team delivers and maintains a cohesive in-app experience for guests as they explore our offerings. Among other impactful projects, we create tools for our users to collaborate, plan their trip details, and seek assistance while on their trip.
As a data scientist in algorithms on Trip Platform, you will have the opportunity to leverage Airbnb's rich data and state-of-art machine learning infrastructure to develop data products that are used by millions of users and propel the growth of our business. You will collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers and fellow data scientists in defining the frontier of data products in matching marketplaces. Data scientists will work on how to evaluate potential approaches, build features, algorithms, and determine metrics which are critical for machine learning models.
Here are some qualifications we look for:
* 4+ years experience developing machine learning models at scale from inception to business impact.
* Advanced degree in quantitative field.
* Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinning, such as classification, recommendation systems and natural language processing.
* Proven ability to tailor machine learning solutions to business problems in a cross functional team.
* Experience with distributed machine learning and computing framework (Spark, Mahout or equivalent). Applied experience preferred.
* Strong programming skill (Python, R, or Scala preferred).
* Industry experience in developing deep learning model is a plus
* $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
* Competitive salary
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life & disability coverage
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Airbnb is a company that provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.