Data Center Capacity Lead
Req #: 190039588
Location: Carlstadt, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Data Center Capacity Lead
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As a member of our Technology Operations team, your initiative and creative problem-solving will help propel global innovation in technology and business. Working with a team of motivated collaborators, you'll develop and implement strategic technology solutions, ensuring the successful integration of network system and applications servers into existing and new technology infrastructures. You'll play a key role in the care and support of customers, including proactive incident monitoring. In addition to valuable on-the-job experience, you'll receive coaching, mentorship and a host of other development opportunities to advance your career at the firm and beyond.
As a Data Center Capacity Lead (Associate), you are responsible for managing the data center infrastructure technology resources including all space, power, cooling and infrastructure cabling resources for the Data Center environment. This position works closely with multiple teams to ensure any capacity concerns are addressed appropriately and installation of technology devices can be delivered on-time. Duties include: Efficient placement of technology utilizing Data Center Infrastructure Manager Tools, participation on project calls with customers from lines of business, monitor exiting KPIs for improvement, and ensure quality of data within toolsets.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced infrastructure project, operations systems and data analytics knowledge
* Proficiency in one or more of the following: Microsoft Office, VPN, Virtual Machines, Remote Connectivity products, Security
* Understanding of technology offerings and businesses supported
* Ability to identify problems, troubleshoot and deliver strategic solutions to clients
* Genuine interest in continuous feedback, learning and growth opportunities
* Effective collaboration and communication to achieve common goals and maintain a company standard of excellence
* Good knowledge of Windows/MAC OS with the ability to carry out root cause analysis
* Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
* Proven track record working in a Data Center environment
* Understand principles of Data Center capacity (space, power, cooling, infrastructure)
* Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure (server, networking, SAN)
* Understanding of network concepts (switching and routing, perimeter security)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.